Can a paramedic student do some placement time abroad?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,
Does anyone know if the option to do some studying/time/placements abroad is an option for paramedic students? I recently asked this at a webinar and the person said they were unsure for paramedics and to ask the global centre of engagement who I emailed but I haven't had a response?
Thanks
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
Does anyone know if the option to do some studying/time/placements abroad is an option for paramedic students? I recently asked this at a webinar and the person said they were unsure for paramedics and to ask the global centre of engagement who I emailed but I haven't had a response?
Thanks
Hello,

I have had a look at the course page on the Coventry University website and found that the university doesn't currently offer international experiences on the course for paramedic science, however: "The Paramedic team has international experience and exposure to ambulance and Paramedic practice around the world. Our team is developing international links and there may be future opportunities for you to gain international exposure as a student Paramedic (additional costs may apply)."

This doesn't mean that you wont be able to travel abroad during your time at the university though as there are opportunities to travel within societies, for example to travel abroad. I had the opportunity to go to Berlin with the musical theatre society last year!

Keep an eye on the paramedic science page on the website for further information on future opportunities to travel within your course

Hope this helps,

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
Thanks
Hey there,

Following on from Amy's message, there are currently no oversea placements. As healthcare students studying a healthcare course that directly puts you into the healthcare industry, it's a must that we complete the required number of hours to become registered in the field you're studying in and this can only happen here. However, there are trips abroad for healthcare students that are open to you, provided that you are free to go. The Paramedic course (from my understanding) is quite intense!

I did inquire about this in first year and I was declined an oversea opportunity because it wasn't applicable for my course and that I had to do the necessary hours for placement in the UK to become a registered RD.

Perhaps in the future, the Uni will expand their healthcare placements abroad.

I hope this helps. Sorry it may not be the answer you're looking but there's always hope.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hey there,

Following on from Amy's message, there are currently no oversea placements. As healthcare students studying a healthcare course that directly puts you into the healthcare industry, it's a must that we complete the required number of hours to become registered in the field you're studying in and this can only happen here. However, there are trips abroad for healthcare students that are open to you, provided that you are free to go. The Paramedic course (from my understanding) is quite intense!

I did inquire about this in first year and I was declined an oversea opportunity because it wasn't applicable for my course and that I had to do the necessary hours for placement in the UK to become a registered RD.

Perhaps in the future, the Uni will expand their healthcare placements abroad.

I hope this helps. Sorry it may not be the answer you're looking but there's always hope.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Thanks both of you for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
63.35%
I don't have everything I need (70)
36.65%

Watched Threads