Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi

So I’ve got an unconditional from uni of derby and whilst looking at accommodation I need a guarantor. So I’m an estranged student, already proven this to student finance where I’ve been permitted the highest student loan of 9.7k. I can’t give a guarantor as I have been alone for almost 2 years and only had my friends supporting me and there’s no one eligible. I can’t even ask any of my family as I fled domestic violence. Please can I get some advice as to what to do. I can’t even sign up for the guarantor service housing hand as I can’t afford the fee plus I won’t be able to keep up with monthly payments, and even with my accommodation, providing a booking fee would be hard as I’m currently on universal credit and that’s a real pain in the backside due to the low payments 🤦🏻*♀️ I start in September and I can’t stay where I’m at at the moment as I’m currently living in Sheffield and I keep getting threats as my family know where I am

Regards ❤️
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi

So I’ve got an unconditional from uni of derby and whilst looking at accommodation I need a guarantor. So I’m an estranged student, already proven this to student finance where I’ve been permitted the highest student loan of 9.7k. I can’t give a guarantor as I have been alone for almost 2 years and only had my friends supporting me and there’s no one eligible. I can’t even ask any of my family as I fled domestic violence. Please can I get some advice as to what to do. I can’t even sign up for the guarantor service housing hand as I can’t afford the fee plus I won’t be able to keep up with monthly payments, and even with my accommodation, providing a booking fee would be hard as I’m currently on universal credit and that’s a real pain in the backside due to the low payments 🤦🏻*♀️ I start in September and I can’t stay where I’m at at the moment as I’m currently living in Sheffield and I keep getting threats as my family know where I am

Regards ❤️
Do the uni halls need a guarantor? Have you spoken to accommodation at all about this?
Sadz_x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Do the uni halls need a guarantor? Have you spoken to accommodation at all about this?
I’ve tried speaking to them but can never get through. It’s not uni halls, it’s halls run by a different provider The Host, and can never get through to them. Think they’ve shortened they’re reception hours :/
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Sadz_x)
I’ve tried speaking to them but can never get through. It’s not uni halls, it’s halls run by a different provider The Host, and can never get through to them. Think they’ve shortened they’re reception hours :/
I would look at the uni halls - you probably won't need a guarantor
Sadz_x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
I would look at the uni halls - you probably won't need a guarantor
I’ll definitely check that out, thanks )
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Anonymous, I think this is a separate thread from you to the one I've just replied on, but if anyone else is needing some information, please visit this thread.

^Ryan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (376)
56.46%
I don't have everything I need (290)
43.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed