The Student Room Group

Motivation

Lately I've been struggling to find motivation mainly because of stress I'm worried about my future since I'm seriously not good at any subject at all (I mean it) and I don't know what university or course I want to do/go to I feel like a failure and I've given up on revising and because of that I've forgotten all the information I've learnt over the years for GCSE and I'm back to the bottom. Sorry for ranting on like this but I felt like letting this all out :frown:
Original post by CJ_bangtan
Lately I've been struggling to find motivation mainly because of stress I'm worried about my future since I'm seriously not good at any subject at all (I mean it) and I don't know what university or course I want to do/go to I feel like a failure and I've given up on revising and because of that I've forgotten all the information I've learnt over the years for GCSE and I'm back to the bottom. Sorry for ranting on like this but I felt like letting this all out :frown:

Hi, don't worry, it's good to let it out.
If you dont mind me asking, what year are you in?
Hopefully i can give you advice after that. I have also been in this position dont worry it happens
Reply 2
Original post by User2127891510
Hi, don't worry, it's good to let it out.
If you dont mind me asking, what year are you in?
Hopefully i can give you advice after that. I have also been in this position dont worry it happens

Currently in year 11 but moving up to 12
sorry to hear you're feeling like this :console: not everyone is academically inclined and that is okay :yep:
i presume you're going to do a levels; what subjects are you planning on doing?
Reply 4
Original post by absolutelysprout
sorry to hear you're feeling like this :console: not everyone is academically inclined and that is okay :yep:
i presume you're going to do a levels; what subjects are you planning on doing?

Chemistry, biology and psychology
Original post by CJ_bangtan
Chemistry, biology and psychology

i presume you've done reasonably well at gcse bio and chem if you're planning to take those subjects? perhaps you're underestimating yourself.
Oh. I’m in year 12 at the moment and i do those alevels. Considering you didn’t get to do your GCSEs your lack of motivation is understandable. If I were you, I’d relax as though this is my GCSE summer, and when it gets to August I’d suggest just going over freesciencelessons videos for bio and chem- you don’t have to necessarily learn the content but it’s a good reminder. As for psychology I didn’t do it before Alevel and i’m not doing too bad.
To motivate yourself i’d suggest watching how to study videos on youtube and then setting yourself a goal. You’re in year11 atm so you shouldn’t be too worried about unis. I didn’t know what i was going to do and i’m still not sure! But with the alevels you’re choosing that’s a variety of possible degrees you could undergo.
If you’re a person who gets lazy make yourself a new routine because alevels are HARD. I’d rather do all my GCSEs again then do my alevels but tbf if you put effort in you’ll be ok :smile:. if you have any questions feel free to ask
I understand how you feel, I'm also a fellow Year 11 student and it has been demotivating having this extended period of time where we would've been able to completely understand the pressure of exams, how to keep revising and the nature of exam season. I've stressed way too much on how much work I should be doing and in the end I fall flat and give up on all the work I said I would be doing. However, what forces me to keep revising is the fact that there are several others in the same position as we are. They are definitely going to have to change the first intro classes for when we go to A-Levels as I know some people have done no revision while others have learn the entire syllabus for Year 12 Biology. The best you can do it do some light revision every now and then. Don't force yourself if you can't be that motivated to do something. Set a goal maybe, of how much revision you want to do. What topics and how your going to revise? A few quizzes. Go over your flashcards. Read over your notes. Go on BBC Bitesize. Watch videos. Maybe plan something with a friend and video-call each other to do a mini-recap session. I'm glad you let all this out because I have felt the exact same way until I talked about this with my friends and they reassured me they felt the same way. Stressing this much is not good for us so, chill out! Just know that we're all in the same boat.

Hopefully this was somewhat reassuring. Keep going and good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by alwaysneedadvice
I understand how you feel, I'm also a fellow Year 11 student and it has been demotivating having this extended period of time where we would've been able to completely understand the pressure of exams, how to keep revising and the nature of exam season. I've stressed way too much on how much work I should be doing and in the end I fall flat and give up on all the work I said I would be doing. However, what forces me to keep revising is the fact that there are several others in the same position as we are. They are definitely going to have to change the first intro classes for when we go to A-Levels as I know some people have done no revision while others have learn the entire syllabus for Year 12 Biology. The best you can do it do some light revision every now and then. Don't force yourself if you can't be that motivated to do something. Set a goal maybe, of how much revision you want to do. What topics and how your going to revise? A few quizzes. Go over your flashcards. Read over your notes. Go on BBC Bitesize. Watch videos. Maybe plan something with a friend and video-call each other to do a mini-recap session. I'm glad you let all this out because I have felt the exact same way until I talked about this with my friends and they reassured me they felt the same way. Stressing this much is not good for us so, chill out! Just know that we're all in the same boat.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Before our GCSEs were cancelled I was working really hard but since then it's as though all of the motivation has just drained out of me and I've basically done nothing since March. This was actually really reassuring though- thank you @alwaysneedadvice - thank you :smile:.
Original post by EMC075
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Before our GCSEs were cancelled I was working really hard but since then it's as though all of the motivation has just drained out of me and I've basically done nothing since March. This was actually really reassuring though- thank you @alwaysneedadvice - thank you :smile:.

Glad I could help. :smile: Stay safe and good luck in your revision!
Original post by User2127891510
Oh. I’m in year 12 at the moment and i do those alevels. Considering you didn’t get to do your GCSEs your lack of motivation is understandable. If I were you, I’d relax as though this is my GCSE summer, and when it gets to August I’d suggest just going over freesciencelessons videos for bio and chem- you don’t have to necessarily learn the content but it’s a good reminder. As for psychology I didn’t do it before Alevel and i’m not doing too bad.
To motivate yourself i’d suggest watching how to study videos on youtube and then setting yourself a goal. You’re in year11 atm so you shouldn’t be too worried about unis. I didn’t know what i was going to do and i’m still not sure! But with the alevels you’re choosing that’s a variety of possible degrees you could undergo.
If you’re a person who gets lazy make yourself a new routine because alevels are HARD. I’d rather do all my GCSEs again then do my alevels but tbf if you put effort in you’ll be ok :smile:. if you have any questions feel free to ask

Thank you so much for these tips :smile:
Original post by alwaysneedadvice

This really helped thanks

Quick Reply

Latest