Second Tesco Colleague Clubcard

Watch this thread
Buhayd1
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I recently got my clubcard after working for tesco for nearly a year. I currently live in a university accommodation under a different address from my parents. I plan on applying for a second clubcard, but obviously, the terms and conditions state that they have to be at the same address and living there permanently. My parents currently live and Reading and I'm currently temporarily residing in Oxford in a student accommodation. Would my account be penalised for giving my mum my second card even if I put it under her name?
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Buhayd1)
Hi, I recently got my clubcard after working for tesco for nearly a year. I currently live in a university accommodation under a different address from my parents. I plan on applying for a second clubcard, but obviously, the terms and conditions state that they have to be at the same address and living there permanently. My parents currently live and Reading and I'm currently temporarily residing in Oxford in a student accommodation. Would my account be penalised for giving my mum my second card even if I put it under her name?
You would need to ask your manager but I think you would and they take this stuff very seriously. You could change your address on the Tesco file back to your home address and then they can’t say anything.
liz griffin
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have been working for tesco 15 years .I would like a card for my partner
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by liz griffin)
I have been working for tesco 15 years .I would like a card for my partner
If you looked up the t&c on this you'll had found out how to get another card as below are the terms & conditions on this.
I worked with tesco for 16 years and I known this.
You can do this via the customers service department by calling them ( For Colleague Clubcards, please contact the contact centre on 0800 085 3575. For Tesco Bank Credit Card, please call 0845 300 4278, choose option 1 ) .

We strongly recommend all colleagues familiarise themselves with these terms and conditions.

1. Eligibility:  You are eligible for a Colleague Clubcard if you are a colleague on the Tesco payroll, over the age of 16, with at least 3 months' continuous service (excludes Jack’s colleagues). You may be eligible to hold a Colleague Clubcard if you are an eligible colleague with at least 3 months’ continuous service at a subsidiary Tesco business, including Booker, One Stop, Tesco Family Dining, Oakwood Merchandising, Tesco Maintenance, Dunnhumby, Tesco Pension Investments.

2. Second card: If you are an eligible colleague of Tesco UK (excluding Jack’s colleagues) or Tesco Bank, you can order one second Colleague Clubcard for a family member, who is a relative, partner, civil partner, spouse or carer, over 18 years of age, living permanently with you at the address we hold for you on company records. Tesco UK includes Tesco stores, distribution centres, Tesco Head Office, customer fulfilment centres and customer engagement centres. You can do this by going to the Colleague Clubcard area of the Reward & Benefits page of Our Tesco. You are responsible for ensuring both cards are used in accordance with these terms and conditions, the Tesco Clubcard terms and conditions and the Colleague Clubcard policy on Colleague Help.

Eligible Tesco colleagues employed by a subsidiary company are eligible to hold a Colleague Clubcard, but are not eligible for a second card for a family member, or Colleague Clubcard for Life.

Colleague Clubcard for Life holders are eligible to have one Colleague Clubcard only.

3. The benefits: Colleague Clubcard provides a 10% discount on up to £10,000 worth of certain grocery purchases from selected Tesco group companies between 1 April and 31 March each year (pro-rated if you join part way through a year). Other rates of discount apply for F&F clothing (20%), Tesco own-brand feminine care products (50%) and Tesco Café (25%). If you are eligible for a second card, your joint annual discount remains at £1,000 maximum. You need to have your Colleague Clubcard details with you (whether it be the Clubcard app, your Pay+ app or your actual Colleague Clubcard) to claim your discount. Discount will increase from 10% to 15% starting on pay day until the following Monday. The 15% discount will be available on your primary Colleague Clubcard and second card, if you have one. The £1,000 annual discount limit will remain the same, with the F&F discount also remaining at 20% all year

4. Clubcard points: Colleague Clubcard replaces your Clubcard for points on the value of transactions after deduction of the discount. If you have an existing Clubcard, please contact the Colleague Clubcard helpline on 0800 085 3575 to transfer your Clubcard points to your Colleague Clubcard. You’ll need your employee number, date of birth and payroll address.

5. Restrictions: Colleague Clubcard can only be used by the person named on the card. Purchases must be for personal use. Items bought can be shared with friends or may be a gift, but the Colleague Clubcard discount must not be used to buy goods to sell or in exchange for payment. Restrictions on the purchase of eligible products and services will apply. For example, Colleague Clubcard holders under 18 cannot purchase alcohol. Tesco may disallow any transaction.

6. Our right to make changes: Tesco has the right to discontinue or vary any element of the Colleague Clubcard scheme at any time. We will publish any significant changes to the Colleague Clubcard scheme on Our Tesco, Colleague Help and through posters/communication in stores and distribution centres. You should ensure Tesco always have your up-to-date contact details. You are responsible for ensuring a second cardholder is informed of any changes to these terms.

7. Breaches: We take any abuse of the Colleague Clubcard Scheme very seriously. The Tesco Security team may monitor the use of Colleague Clubcard and report suspicious activity. If you, or your second cardholder, breach the Colleague Clubcard terms and conditions, you and your family member may be disqualified from the Scheme and, depending on the circumstances, you may be liable to disciplinary action which could include summary dismissal.

8. Other important information: Our Privacy Policy, available on Colleague Help, describes how we may use your personal data obtained in connection with your Colleague Clubcard. Our Clubcard terms and conditions describe the terms and conditions of the Clubcard Scheme and by using your Colleague Clubcard, you also agree to these terms and conditions.

9. Minimum Unit Pricing Exemptions: Due to MUP (Scotland/Wales) and MSP (England/NI) restrictions, colleague discount can sometimes risk breaching the minimum price on alcohol products. Where this happens, the systems are built to apportion as much colleague discount as possible before the remaining discount is lost. This means that on alcohol products that reach the minimum price, colleagues may see less than 10% or 15% discount applied to that product.

We will apportion the discount across other non-alcohol items in your basket to ensure that you are getting as much of your discount as possible.

Colleagues will see some exclusions from colleague discount where sales of these products would make Tesco non-compliant. The most up-to-date list of exclusions can be found on Colleague Help or download our pdf.

As a reminder, bottles priced below £4.75 are excluded from the 25% off when you buy 6 bottles of wine promotion in England, Wales and NI. This promotion is also excluded from the Clubcard Plus Big Shop discount.
Cmcshane
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Right I work for Tesco and I was out with friends and we went to get stuff at a different tesco from where I work and I bought a couple of things for myself through one self scan and my pals used another one so when I was finished I went over and used my clubcard so they could get a discount and the women on self scan told me that I can’t do that but didn’t know how to take my clubcard off without cancelling the whole transaction, so she still let us put it through but then took the receipt with my clubcard number on it. My question is will i get in any trouble for doing this or will it be fine
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cmcshane)
Right I work for Tesco and I was out with friends and we went to get stuff at a different tesco from where I work and I bought a couple of things for myself through one self scan and my pals used another one so when I was finished I went over and used my clubcard so they could get a discount and the women on self scan told me that I can’t do that but didn’t know how to take my clubcard off without cancelling the whole transaction, so she still let us put it through but then took the receipt with my clubcard number on it. My question is will i get in any trouble for doing this or will it be fine
I wouldn't think you'll get into trouble but the worse thing that can happen is you are discipline if the staff member reports it to HQ okay.
Till then don't worry ok.
I used my card in another store myself as I didn't transferred my details to that store from my original store and never been pulled up but I'm now back at my original store as went back home to my own city and I use my card in nearer every tesco store I go into for things.

Under the T&C's of use of the cards all I can see was this,......

5. Restrictions: Colleague Clubcard can only be used by the person named on the card. Purchases must be for personal use. Items bought can be shared with friends or may be a gift, but the Colleague Clubcard discount must not be used to buy goods to sell or in exchange for payment. Restrictions on the purchase of eligible products and services will apply. For example, Colleague Clubcard holders under 18 cannot purchase alcohol. Tesco may disallow any transaction.

7. Breaches: We take any abuse of the Colleague Clubcard Scheme very seriously. The Tesco Security team may monitor the use of Colleague Clubcard and report suspicious activity. If you, or your second cardholder, breach the Colleague Clubcard terms and conditions, you and your family member may be disqualified from the Scheme and, depending on the circumstances, you may be liable to disciplinary action which could include summary dismissal.
AnchoryDankory
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
I wouldn't think you'll get into trouble but the worse thing that can happen is you are discipline if the staff member reports it to HQ okay.
Till then don't worry ok.
I used my card in another store myself as I didn't transferred my details to that store from my original store and never been pulled up but I'm now back at my original store as went back home to my own city and I use my card in nearer every tesco store I go into for things.

Under the T&C's of use of the cards all I can see was this,......

Hi Tracey, forgive me for hijacking this thread but I would like to ask you a related question:
I have left Tesco for a few months now, but continued to use the colleague discount card after a short while (the staff discount still worked despite me being under the impression it would not). I recently stopped after having a discussion with my friend regarding it. Do you have an idea of how much trouble I could be in for using the card after I officially left? How far might Tesco go if they found out? Simply cancelling the card, suing for repayment of discount, or even trying to obtain a criminal charge of fraud? The situation has left me quite worried about what they might do/ have grounds to do now. Many thanks.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by AnchoryDankory)
Hi Tracey, forgive me for hijacking this thread but I would like to ask you a related question:
I have left Tesco for a few months now, but continued to use the colleague discount card after a short while (the staff discount still worked despite me being under the impression it would not). I recently stopped after having a discussion with my friend regarding it. Do you have an idea of how much trouble I could be in for using the card after I officially left? How far might Tesco go if they found out? Simply cancelling the card, suing for repayment of discount, or even trying to obtain a criminal charge of fraud? The situation has left me quite worried about what they might do/ have grounds to do now. Many thanks.
As a ex-employee now of tesco you are supposed to either hand back your colleague discount card or they should had stopped it from day you left. Below explains what meant to happen ok.

( What happens to your colleague Clubcard when you leave Tesco....
Clubcard points: Colleague Clubcard replaces your Clubcard for points on the value of transactions after deduction of the discount. If you have an existing Clubcard, please contact the Colleague Clubcard helpline on 0800 085 3575 to transfer your Clubcard points to your Colleague Clubcard. ).

If they find out ( probably eventually) then they would stop it, then they could ask you to repay all the amount you saved by using the card, whether they would press for a prosecution is totally upto tesco and you would be liable for all court costs as well if they did that.

Best thing to do is call them to cancel it as a colleague discount card and transfer it over to a normal club card as stated above. And see what happens when you do this ok......
How much money did you think you saved while still using it may depends on whether or not its worth tesco seeking prosecution like as worse you can do is offer to pay it back but see if they say anything when you contact them to stop it.

You did right thing by stopping using it as your friend told you to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads