The Student Room Group

People who say “All lives matter”

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonbow
Why thank you, but wth :lol:

I read your name and I was like ''damn, that's a dope name'' so I just had to compliment you on it ygm

I'm a bit random at times :colondollar:
Original post by bj27
Change your name to moonbow1. That's all I've come onto the thread to say.

OP on point obviously.

Nah
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
I read your name and I was like ''damn, that's a dope name'' so I just had to compliment you on it ygm

I'm a bit random at times :colondollar:

No problem! I mean I am not sure if I would want to sell it but if you ever need me to find some cool phenomenon for a user name i'll try my best :biggrin:
Thank you for the compliment though! I like your username too :h:
Original post by bj27
Change your name to moonbow1. That's all I've come onto the thread to say.

OP on point obviously.

Oh gosh I'll be cloned next :lol:
Original post by Moonbow
No problem! I mean I am not sure if I would want to sell it but if you ever need me to find some cool phenomenon for a user name i'll try my best :biggrin:
Thank you for the compliment though! I like your username too :h:

Np :^_^:

Mine's not that interesting, it's just the name of a video game character lol. My previous account name was better imo.
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Np :^_^:

Mine's not that interesting, it's just the name of a video game character lol. My previous account name was better imo.

It's got a nice ring to it though! If you ever change it, it'll give a shock that's for sure :excited:
Reply 66
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Closet racists tbh.. the reason we don’t have all lives matter or white lives matter is the same reason we don’t have soup kitchens for rich people.

The reasons BLM exists is because it’s evident that many think black lives do not matter.. so people who comeback with the all lives matter bs are the same morons who want a straight pride day.

I have mixed feelings about this post, everyone matters. Black people, white people, Chinese people, Asian people and everyone else. Gay people matter and so do straight people. It should be all lives matter after BLM ends. Someday, race won't matter.

If you think I'm racist because of this statement, you are biased.
Original post by Adam Woodruff
No it’s not that’s the problem people like you think everything is a competition or against you. It’s including all lives, ALL LIVES - whether that means you’re black, white, Asian, green, blue or yellow with purple stripes. The all lives matter movement includes EVERYONE.

Every race in their own right has had injustices and we shouldn’t ignore any of them especially black lives. However singling then out for their own campaign separating their lives from all the other races alienates black lives from the others and if anything segregates them from the other races.

An all lives matter movement however would unite everyone as one as after all we are all human, it would bring us together in unity as humans forgetting about race, sexuality, favourite colour and focusing on what really matters being a unison as a species.

All lives matter when black lives matter. End of story.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonbow
It's got a nice ring to it though! If you ever change it, it'll give a shock that's for sure :excited:

I'm planning on changing back to my original user name when I get the chance :ninja:
black lives matter never meant only black lives matter, some people still don't understand that :rolleyes:
Original post by absolutelysprout
black lives matter never meant only black lives matter, some people still don't understand that :rolleyes:

Seems like nobody is actually paying attention.
“In 2016, The Orlando Police Department reported a total count of 148 anti-heterosexual hate crimes to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports”

Just because it’s not plastered all over the news doesn’t mean it never happens. Anti-Straight discrimination is very real and present, just as real as any other form of hate crime.

Before you go saying to me that 148 counts of hate crime is far less than the LGBTQ+ community have suffered. Shouldn’t we be working together to get the discrimination of ANY sexuality to stop?

If straight people like you weren't homophobic there wouldn't have been any hate crimes against these 148 HOMOPHOBIC people. Change the anti-straight to homophobic. Don't act like people are singling out straight people because that is not happening it is the homophobic people that we hate.
Original post by TheStarboy
All lives matter when black lives matter. End of story.

That’s like saying everybody wins the lottery when I win the lottery.

Wouldn’t it be easier to do it all at once.
That’s like saying everybody wins the lottery when I win the lottery.

Wouldn’t it be easier to do it all at once.

Would you make everyone do the same exam regardless whether they have a disability or not?

I mean it does say it in the name. Does it include the other minorities like Asians and Muslims etc that also get absued as well in a similar manner? No. Obviously for the current context this is true and I fully support it, but no one shows this sort of support when other ethnic minority groups get abused.

I mean obviously the confusion could have been avoided by using a different name. 🤷
When you take police out of the "statement" it confuses people. Yes all lives matter. Yes all races face discrimination. But it's the black community in America who get the most abuse from police by far.
Original post by Serenity-M
I mean obviously the confusion could have been avoided by using a different name. 🤷

I think the name perfectly captures the issue the movement aims to raise: the fact that the police (and self-appointed armed weirdos they empower) kill black people like their lives don't matter, and society ignores the issue like their lives don't matter.

What do you think it should be called?
Original post by Mihaly
I think the name perfectly captures the issue the movement aims to raise: the fact that the police (and self-appointed armed weirdos they empower) kill black people like their lives don't matter, and society ignores the issue like their lives don't matter.

What do you think it should be called?

Because people then use the 'all lives matger' argument and people point out that other races also matter (as they don't know what it's specifically about). Obviously idk what might be better that still had a good ring like 'end racodm' doesn't lead the the same confusion but sounds lame 😂
All lives do matter, there’s nothing at all that’s racist about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending