AIex4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I’m looking to study Software Engineering at university. I failed GCSE computer science (well I got a 2), but have a real passion for coding/programming and over the last year I’ve taught myself a lot to do with it.

I’m predicted AAB, in Econ, Psych and Geography and was wondering if universities would be likely to accept me if I applied for Software Engineering, thinking Leicester or Kent.

Thanks
Osmundhunter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No. They would not care about any GCSE results. If you got a 2 in Computer Science or a 9. They are only interested in your A-Levels. Hope this helps
AIex4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Osmundhunter)
No. They would not care about any GCSE results. If you got a 2 in Computer Science or a 9. They are only interested in your A-Levels. Hope this helps
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I just feel a bit silly applying for a computer science related degree when back at GCSE I only got a 2. Saying that though I really didn’t take GCSEs seriously, think I’m gonna email a few unis and see what they say, but thank you again.
Osmundhunter
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No worries Alex! Considering you’re predicted AAB which shows that you’re more than capable to do anything, you shouldn’t feel silly because of a GCSE result from 2 years ago. Just remember that you’re a completely different person now. When you did your GCSEs you were in a totally different mindset and though process to the one you are in now. You obviously have developed a work ethic so I say just go for anything you want to because you can do anything. Not just saying that for motivation but you truly can do anything. Best of luck!!
AIex4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Osmundhunter)
No worries Alex! Considering you’re predicted AAB which shows that you’re more than capable to do anything, you shouldn’t feel silly because of a GCSE result from 2 years ago. Just remember that you’re a completely different person now. When you did your GCSEs you were in a totally different mindset and though process to the one you are in now. You obviously have developed a work ethic so I say just go for anything you want to because you can do anything. Not just saying that for motivation but you truly can do anything. Best of luck!!
Thank you
Osmundhunter
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No worries!
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AIex4)
Hi, I’m looking to study Software Engineering at university. I failed GCSE computer science (well I got a 2), but have a real passion for coding/programming and over the last year I’ve taught myself a lot to do with it.

I’m predicted AAB, in Econ, Psych and Geography and was wondering if universities would be likely to accept me if I applied for Software Engineering, thinking Leicester or Kent.

Thanks
Hey

I'm currently studying at Kent and have a few friends who do Computer Science and Software Engineering, and they have told me that the only GCSE requirement Kent had was to have a 4/C in GCSE Maths, so your Computer Science grade shouldn't be a problem

There's more info about the entry requirements for Kent's Software Engineering course on their course information page, I'll link it here so you can take a look if you need to - BSc Software Engineering

I hope that this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads