The Student Room Group

What’s the hardest Biology, Chemistry and Physics topic in GCSE?

I find electrolysis, refraction and the eye to be some tricky topics
Electrolysis by a long way...
Also the moles part of chemistry- titrations, theoretical yield etc

A4992B60-F72C-4CBF-AD23-487ED33950E2.jpg.jpeg
If I had seen this last year...
Ecology, quantitative chemistry and electromagnetism made me want to cry.
(edited 3 years ago)
Physics - electromagnetism
Chemistry - moles
Biology - homeostasis I guess
Original post by Cactus.554
Electrolysis by a long way...
Also the moles part of chemistry- titrations, theoretical yield etc

A4992B60-F72C-4CBF-AD23-487ED33950E2.jpg.jpeg
If I had seen this last year...

Adorable haha. So happy I didn’t have to do my exams.
Reply 5
Biology: communicable and non-communicable diseases,
Chemistry: reversible reactions, titrations, calculations, structure/bonding
Physics: electricity, terminal velocity, energy stores, motor effect in electromagnetism

yikes maybe i shouldn't do a science based career :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Chemistry - Electrolysis, equilibrium and moles
Biology - Protein synthesis
Physics - electromagnetism and rays

I had to revise protein synthesis for a day and I can still barely explain what transcription and translation is but I guess it is the hardest biology topic. Electrolysis and equilibrium are the hardest chemistry but not that hard and then physics literally makes me want to jump of my school from the top of the building.
For me nothing in bio was hard but the memorising of practicals was pretty dull and boring.
Chemsitry- moles, equilibrium and the organic stuff at the end but that’s only because I didn’t have a good teacher who was absent for two years if it’s even possible. But they’re super easy at alevel and my teachers are fantastic.
Physics- I still don’t get forces and accelerator stuff😕 I would also say electromagnetism and the memorisation of practicals BUT physics was my favourite due to the astrophysics. I think it’s a pity since it’s a wonderful subject but it has pretty bad teachers from what I know.
Reply 8
Original post by SparkleFace
For me nothing in bio was hard but the memorising of practicals was pretty dull and boring.
Chemsitry- moles, equilibrium and the organic stuff at the end but that’s only because I didn’t have a good teacher who was absent for two years if it’s even possible. But they’re super easy at alevel and my teachers are fantastic.
Physics- I still don’t get forces and accelerator stuff😕 I would also say electromagnetism and the memorisation of practicals BUT physics was my favourite due to the astrophysics. I think it’s a pity since it’s a wonderful subject but it has pretty bad teachers from what I know.

y-you're literally me
Original post by tsukife
y-you're literally me

Oooo how strange!
Biology - nearly everything, despite understanding the content (and being predicted 9-9 in Combined Science) I barely ever get above 60%
Chemistry - nothing, everything just makes sense :biggrin:
Physics - electromagnetism and electricity/circuits
Biology - Infection and Response
Chemistry - Idk, I guess nothing haha
Physics - Electromagnetism

I think because I’ve been doing A levels for two years, Chemistry at GCSE level seems straightforward
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest