When do you anticipate the riots in states will die down?

Watch
farhill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The Minneapolis authority has arrested Derek Chauvin and the investigation to the whole occurrence is going on. Ideally as of now people should wait to see what the investigation result will be before taking further moves. But still they continue the protest and sometimes looting. My guess is for a big portion of those protestors, the real reason for them to go into street is the angers and the frustrations brought by the impacts of the pandemic such as losses of jobs, worsened business, etc. They just use this event as a ventilation channel.
If this really is the case, then I'm afraid the riot might keep going one for at least another week, causing additional burden on already difficult reopen.
Cruxaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The protests you are currently seeing are an uproar from the black, indigenous and POC community, as well as their white allies. You may or may not know that police-on-black murder is rife in America and has been for longer than you and I have been alive. On the surface, it may seem as if these protests and riots are a disproportionate retaliation to the murder of George Floyd by angry people turned stir crazy by lockdown.
No..
Black people have been angry for years, African Americans have been dealing with an overt and widely ”acceptable” racial oppression FOR YEARS. The difference here is the lockdown (and no the majority of protester aren't out on the streets due to ”the stresses of the pandemic”) the lockdown ultimately meant the WORLD was watching as a white police officer took a black man's life with little to no regard. African Americans know the world is watching. You, whatever race you are, can do more than watch, you can be a part of history and support the dismantlement of institutional racism.
Educate yourself, seek out resources outside of what you usually consume, try to understand the core of what is happening because the riots could be over tomorrow, in a week or in two but a new civil movement is starting.
helicopterbrawl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The protests are about more than race.

The George Floyd murder lit a spark of the frustration middle class citizens feel because of rising inequality, stagnation of incomes for ordinary households, misinformation from the media, the negative effects of lockdown/the pandemic and a fundamental misunderstanding of race and discrimination.
farhill
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies. One thing that puzzles me is for such a widespread protest across America, I couldn't find a list of changes that the protestors are asking for. Maybe I was unlucky in googling for such a list. It will be appreciated if someone can point me to the list of claims.
What worries me is besides these reasons you guys pointed out above, maybe there is something or someone else behind all these protests, out of ulterior aims...Submit reply
helicopterbrawl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by farhill)
Thanks for the replies. One thing that puzzles me is for such a widespread protest across America, I couldn't find a list of changes that the protestors are asking for. Maybe I was unlucky in googling for such a list. It will be appreciated if someone can point me to the list of claims.
What worries me is besides these reasons you guys pointed out above, maybe there is something or someone else behind all these protests, out of ulterior aims...Submit reply
It's not some kinda secret conspiracy, they'll tell you why they're there: they're angry. Why they're angry is a complicated question for political scientists/social scientists but my last reply gives you a good idea.

On the list of demands, you won't get that. They're unorganised.
Last edited by helicopterbrawl; 1 year ago
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When Trump does something, says something, does ANYTHING to bring about peace.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By next week it will likely be mostly out of the news, and after that it will die away by itself.
farhill
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
By next week it will likely be mostly out of the news, and after that it will die away by itself.
Agree. The riots in most parts are just an action to vent the frustration and depression brought by the lockdown. After the sentiments are released, people will return to peace - hopefully there is not further gov-associated kills occurring.
Toscana
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I expect them to be over and done with by next week as another user said
Anonnorth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only way I can see for it calming down soon is for someone to shove a gag in Trumps mouth for the next couple of weeks at least.

When he first came into power I was one that was open minded about him and wanted to give him a chance to see what he would do over there.

Unfortunately during this virus pandemic and now this everytime he opens his mouth or posts on social media he is a liability to the USA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads