My attempt at getting my life together

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have thought it would be a good idea to report my journey at getting my life together so here it is.

I have recently not been feeling very well : frequent headaches, dry and bad skin, no structure and routine in my life and poor mental health.

Starting from tomorrow I want to cut out ultra processed foods with lots of sugar. I am going to allow myself 1 home baked cake a week and 1 bubble tea a week as a treat. Otherwise I will try to stick to fruits and dates if I am craving sugar.

1 issue I have identified is a struggle to get started with school work after breakfast and putting off doing work. I think I need to start eating breakfast whilst being surrounded by books and school work not in front of the TV or laptop as Surfing the Internet while eating breakfast turns to lots of time spent doing everything but school work. What was meant to be 10 minutes of TV turns to 2 hours of TV for example.

I am tempted to give pomodoro method a go. I want to aim to do at least 1 hour of school work to begin with I know it is little but I want to build it up slowly. I am finding this quite hard since I would always do my studies in the library as I don't associate home with study I go home to relax after a long day not to do work in normal circumstances.

I also want to add reading to my daily life I have the house of mirth and tender is the Night started. I am not too keen at reading them at the moment I would love to buy some non fiction books. I have recently devoured the psychopath test in 3 days it is a really enjoyable book. For now I feel like reading something mental health related or dystopian fiction. I adore 1984 I would love to read brave new world as it has been recommended extensively. I am also intrigued by never let me go the plot sounds good.
raven48
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sounds amazing! Good luck and let us know how it goes
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cool, good luck!
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Today so far has been ok except for my mental health which seems to be going down the drain if it continues to do so I might give my GP a call. I don’t understand why inside I don’t feel too good currently I am finding life rather distressing.

For breakfast I have had whole grain rye bread with tomatoes a bit of butter along with a pinch of salt and pepper and a nectarine. For dinner I had miso soup with vegetables and rice noodles, I have baked a pear cake with cinnamon and almonds it turned out ok so that’s my cake intake for the week. I did 1/2 an hour of biology today so far I should probably get back to doing school work.
Synergy_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I have thought it would be a good idea to report my journey at getting my life together so here it is.

I have recently not been feeling very well : frequent headaches, dry and bad skin, no structure and routine in my life and poor mental health.

Starting from tomorrow I want to cut out ultra processed foods with lots of sugar. I am going to allow myself 1 home baked cake a week and 1 bubble tea a week as a treat. Otherwise I will try to stick to fruits and dates if I am craving sugar.

1 issue I have identified is a struggle to get started with school work after breakfast and putting off doing work. I think I need to start eating breakfast whilst being surrounded by books and school work not in front of the TV or laptop as Surfing the Internet while eating breakfast turns to lots of time spent doing everything but school work. What was meant to be 10 minutes of TV turns to 2 hours of TV for example.

I am tempted to give pomodoro method a go. I want to aim to do at least 1 hour of school work to begin with I know it is little but I want to build it up slowly. I am finding this quite hard since I would always do my studies in the library as I don't associate home with study I go home to relax after a long day not to do work in normal circumstances.

I also want to add reading to my daily life I have the house of mirth and tender is the Night started. I am not too keen at reading them at the moment I would love to buy some non fiction books. I have recently devoured the psychopath test in 3 days it is a really enjoyable book. For now I feel like reading something mental health related or dystopian fiction. I adore 1984 I would love to read brave new world as it has been recommended extensively. I am also intrigued by never let me go the plot sounds good.
Sorry to hear that you are going through tough times and struggling with mental health. It's definitely not easy and you are not alone. But it's great that you are trying to better your life and circumstances.

Good luck!
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Today didn’t go to well I didn’t achieve much except for doing some house chores: I vacuumed the house, changed my guinea pigs cage, did the dishes and wiped all my books and my bookcase. I feel like I am going to sleep feeling low, I will call my GP tomorrow because I am getting unpleasant thoughts and feeling unwell mentally I hope they will be able to help me.

I wish I had a friend I could call and speak to but I don’t have any so here I am.
username5300632
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why no sub dates for dark chocolate, like 85-90%. A lot healthier.
BitMel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

good luck!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Today didn’t go to well I didn’t achieve much except for doing some house chores: I vacuumed the house, changed my guinea pigs cage, did the dishes and wiped all my books and my bookcase. I feel like I am going to sleep feeling low, I will call my GP tomorrow because I am getting unpleasant thoughts and feeling unwell mentally I hope they will be able to help me.

I wish I had a friend I could call and speak to but I don’t have any so here I am.
It sounds like you've had a pretty productive day! Could you maybe speak to your sister about how you are feeling? Hope you feel better tomorrow and the your GP is able to help.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
It sounds like you've had a pretty productive day! Could you maybe speak to your sister about how you are feeling? Hope you feel better tomorrow and the your GP is able to help.
Thank you for your support I have spoken with my sister a bit thank you for the suggestion
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
I have called the GP this morning they really listened they said that they hope to get in contact with the psychiatry team so I can get some more help. I got a matcha bubble tea with almond milk it tasted ok I went cycling for 1 hour and a bit I would have loved to cycle a lot more but the person I went cycling had enough after 1 hour and a bit. I really want to buy a road bike but my mum won't buy me one so I started to look for work so I can buy it myself. I applied for 1 job so far I think I will struggle finding work, I never worked before so I don't have any experience hopefully it won't be too much of a setback.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm glad your GP is helpful. Matcha bubble tea sounds amazing! Everyone has a first job at some point and if you are still at school, people won't find it strange that you've never had a job before. Best of luck with the job search
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
I'm glad your GP is helpful. Matcha bubble tea sounds amazing! Everyone has a first job at some point and if you are still at school, people won't find it strange that you've never had a job before. Best of luck with the job search
What's your favourite bubble tea flavour? Thank you for your reply
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's your favourite bubble tea flavour? Thank you for your reply
I've never had bubble tea. Something to try after lockdown ends, I guess!
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
I've never had bubble tea. Something to try after lockdown ends, I guess!
If you are in London I recommend going to Biju they make really good bubble tea.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are in London I recommend going to Biju they make really good bubble tea.
I'm not in London, but I'll keep Biju in mind if I'm ever there What's your favourite flavour?
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
I'm not in London, but I'll keep Biju in mind if I'm ever there What's your favourite flavour?
Mango milk tea with oat milk with tapioca and coconut jelly
Another bubble tea franchise is bubbleology the only decent drink they make is rose milk with soy milk you can find bubbleology outside of London.
Another franchise is T4 the only good drink I had from there is pearl milk tea with soy milk.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Today this is what I ate

Breakfast: 1 slice of rye whole grain bread with cherry jam, a few spoonfuls of soy strawberry yoghurt and a nectarine along with a cup of chamomile tea

Lunch: tomato soup and a matcha bubble tea with tapioca pearls

Dinner: vegan fish fillets and some french fries (not the healthiest)

As for mental health inside I feel like I am suffering on the inside but I am unable to cry. I feel like things are continuously going downhill with my mental health I keep trying to resist bad thoughts but it is hard. I know I am young and my whole life is ahead but it doesn’t feel like that instead it feels like it is the end. I don’t know why I am giving up on life this isn’t me I was always a fighter and not someone who gives up easily. :cry2:
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
For the past 2 days I have only managed to do 30 minutes of school work a day, today I did 1 hour of chemistry work (acid base calculation questions) for breakfast I had 1 blueberry soy yoghurt, 2 toast with cherry jam and half a banana? I made some mint tea but only had a few sips I find it a bit too strong.

For dinner I want to make tofu vegetable stair fry with rice noodles. I need to go to the shop to get some tofu and water.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yesterday I went cycling on my own for 2 hours I would have cycled longer but it started to rain slightly and I thought it would start raining heavily soon but it didn’t . Yesterday for breakfast I had 2 toast with cherry jam I know this sounds like a common occurrence but it is pretty much finished so I won’t be having cherry jam on toast for a while now. For dinner my mum made vegetable lasagne. I got another bubble tea rose flavoured that’s 2 this week. Then my mum forced me to drink this disgusting vanilla flavoured protein shake. Then I had some popcorn which is more snacking 🤦 . In the morning there was a large packet of crisps on the kitchen table which tempted me. I promise the rest will sound a lot better, fro breakfast I had porridge with stewed apples, pecans and flaxseeds and a drizzle of agave nectar. I have no idea what to make for dinner. I could do with some carrot cake at the moment.

I am currently occupying myself with watching documentaries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise