Black people are shooting theirselves in the foot by protesting during a pandemic?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
The virus is known to affect BAME people disproportionately, not in their favour. It is more likely you will die from the virus if you are BAME. Yet they are protesting BLM... It is irresponsible to do this now. Yes I understand the anger, it is totally warranted for sure. But defying lockdown is stupid. Don't complain where there are lots of people dying from the virus in hospitals in the next few weeks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The virus is known to affect BAME people disproportionately, not in their favour. It is more likely you will die from the virus if you are BAME. Yet they are protesting BLM... It is irresponsible to do this now. Yes I understand the anger, it is totally warranted for sure. But defying lockdown is stupid. Don't complain where there are lots of people dying from the virus in hospitals in the next few weeks.
Undoubtedly some more of them will die, but I guess they think the protest is worth it because the point at stake is more important.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
They wouldn’t be protesting if they didn’t have to. BLM needs to be heard now. They’ve waited long enough.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
They wouldn’t be protesting if they didn’t have to. BLM needs to be heard now. They’ve waited long enough.
Literally everyone is at home. They best way to do it now is to plaster it over social media now then do a protest later, which would not only reignite the momentum, but not put so many lives at risk. There are still people dying in hospitals everyday. Everyone will most likely forget about it once we can all go out and run about our business, which will probably won't be anytime soon thanks to these people protesting. I'm not Black but I am South Asian, so I can relate to some racism aspects at the very very least that I've experienced. It's disgusting how black people have been treated, covertly and overtly, in society and the history of black people. I would've gone to the protests if we weren't in a pandemic. But defying lockdown, protesting (and rioting/looting in America) doesn't help with negative black stereotypes either.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Literally everyone is at home. They best way to do it now is to plaster it over social media now then do a protest later, which would not only reignite the momentum, but not put so many lives at risk. There are still people dying in hospitals everyday. Everyone will most likely forget about it once we can all go out and run about our business, which will probably won't be anytime soon thanks to these people protesting. I'm not Black but I am South Asian, so I can relate to some racism aspects at the very very least that I've experienced. It's disgusting how black people have been treated, covertly and overtly, in society and the history of black people. I would've gone to the protests if we weren't in a pandemic. But defying lockdown, protesting (and rioting/looting in America) doesn't help with negative black stereotypes either.
er, negative black stereotyping is ongoing, regardless of rioting etc. Don't white people riot too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.99%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.04%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (102)
53.97%

Watched Threads