How to stop smelling bad.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm a 16 year old female & I have a problem, I always smell bad. It's not an extremely unpleasant stink or anything but it doesn't exactly smell fresh and clean either. I shower every single day and use a shower gel, scrub myself top to bottom then I put on new clothes and I usually smell alright, but then once I get on with my day my underarms start to sweat and an unpleasant smell is always there. I use deodorant but that seems to make me sweat even more. Do you think I sweat a lot because I've never shaved under my arm or am I doing something wrong? Should I start creaming my body with some fragrancy cream, will that help? Any advice/recommendations of brands I could use to stop this problem would be really helpful. Thank you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm a 16 year old female & I have a problem, I always smell bad. It's not an extremely unpleasant stink or anything but it doesn't exactly smell fresh and clean either. I shower every single day and use a shower gel, scrub myself top to bottom then I put on new clothes and I usually smell alright, but then once I get on with my day my underarms start to sweat and an unpleasant smell is always there. I use deodorant but that seems to make me sweat even more. Do you think I sweat a lot because I've never shaved under my arm or am I doing something wrong? Should I start creaming my body with some fragrancy cream, will that help? Any advice/recommendations of brands I could use to stop this problem would be really helpful. Thank you.
Use a good deodorant brand like Sure or Dove and spray enough to cover ur whole underarm.
Cheap brands just don't work the same, I'd say the best brand out there is Sure
Medic209
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should shave your underarms. The underarm hair will absorb moisture causing there to be an unpleasant smell. Try shave and see if you notice a difference. Also I used dove 24hrs floral scent-works wonders!!
Last edited by Medic209; 1 month ago
adrewp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cheap brands just don't work the same, I'd say the best brand out there is Sure
Missed the opportunity for a great pun: the best brand for sure is Sure
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AndrewPSSP)
Missed the opportunity for a great pun: the best brand for sure is Sure
I was gonna say "The best brand out there is Sure, it won't let u down."
...coz that's their motto😂
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One word.
'Soap'.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
if you think you have excessive sweating you can try something like Driclor. not sure how it would work tho if you don't shave.

www.boots.com/driclor-solution-roll-on-applicator-10050231

are you sure you smell excessively or could it just be in your head?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
if you think you have excessive sweating you can try something like Driclor. not sure how it would work tho if you don't shave.

www.boots.com/driclor-solution-roll-on-applicator-10050231

are you sure you smell excessively or could it just be in your head?
I wouldn't say I smell excessively but there definitely is a smell there, no one has said anything this is all just for me psychologically lolll. I'm just generally a hygiene person I think, so just wanted to know if I was doing anything wrong (:
Dencat
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Bod odour is caused by bacteria and it is more intensive when you are sweating. Deodorant can mask the odour, if you want to stop sweating ( if you think that is the HH) take a look at iontophoresis.
Corps
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use a good brand, I sweat a lot and rarely shave. Mitchum or maximum protect ones are a bit pricey but very good. Also give adequate time for the antiperspirant to dry otherwise it’s not likely to work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads