Soner12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey I've got offers from both universities. I hear reading is one of the best for Quantity surveying but it is very lowly rated in student satisfcation on Unistats and the income 6 months and 3 years after the course are considerably lower than oxford brookes. As for oxford brookes I'm not sure if it's very highly looked upon? I'm sure I can get into either just not sure which one as of now. Both are close to my house and both are equally appealing. Thank you!
sarahmh_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Both Reading & Oxford Brookes are top universities for built environment related courses, I guess it really comes down to what matters to you.

Town vs city? How expensive is the cost of living? Diversity? Modules? Placements?
Luasiul
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Soner12)
Hey I've got offers from both universities. I hear reading is one of the best for Quantity surveying but it is very lowly rated in student satisfcation on Unistats and the income 6 months and 3 years after the course are considerably lower than oxford brookes. As for oxford brookes I'm not sure if it's very highly looked upon? I'm sure I can get into either just not sure which one as of now. Both are close to my house and both are equally appealing. Thank you!
Not sure if this helps but Oxford Brookes is quickly rising the ranks overall as a university and I’ve heard it’s looked highly upon. Some see it as a future Russel group, not sure if this is true tho
Soner12
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarahmh_)
Both Reading & Oxford Brookes are top universities for built environment related courses, I guess it really comes down to what matters to you.

Town vs city? How expensive is the cost of living? Diversity? Modules? Placements?
Yeah true. I wonder how many days a week quantity surveying would be im guessing 3 days since it's not a very intense course. Thank you!
Soner12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luasiul)
Not sure if this helps but Oxford Brookes is quickly rising the ranks overall as a university and I’ve heard it’s looked highly upon. Some see it as a future Russel group, not sure if this is true tho
Good to heard thank you!
sarahmh_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Soner12)
Yeah true. I wonder how many days a week quantity surveying would be im guessing 3 days since it's not a very intense course. Thank you!
3-4 full days, I believe
Soner12
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarahmh_)
3-4 full days, I believe
Thank you.
v1ctorvoorh33s
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Brookes' school of the built environment is one of the best in the country and they have a long history of success since the 90s, especially in architecture. I'm not sure about Reading but it is generally a good university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (313)
83.91%
No (60)
16.09%

Watched Threads