How to stay focused

Watch
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
These tips can help you with anything- from doing work, uni work, to applying for job applications!

1️⃣ create a timetable. Make sure it allows time spent working, and time to relax
2️⃣ set goals! What do you want to achieve, and by when? Splitting your big goal into little ones also helps aka if you have a deadline one month away for an online application, tackle one question each week!
3️⃣ stop procrastinating. I use the Flora app to keep myself off of my phone so that I don’t get distracted

Does anyone have any good tips or any questions?

Tasha
(Final year law student)

InspiredPleb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with all of these! Here's just a couple additional things if anyone is interested, though I'm by no means an expert!

- I use the apps Forest ( more low-key, functions as a reward system for being off your phone ) and Flippd ( more heavy handed, blocks all your installed apps for the time you set even if you turn your phone off ) as equal alternatives to Flora.

- If you're not motivated enough to do the traditional 'time - stamped' timetable method , there are other viable options. My favourite ( and the one I use now! ) is the "Retrospective" revision timetable. Depends on what works for you, but if this sounds interesting you might want to check out Ali Abdaal's video on the subject . His YouTube videos in general I find incredibly interesting as they cover different topics such as employment, time management, revision and essay writing.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
InspiredPleb

Love those tips! I have the forest app and it helps me so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads

Latest