zulhaq345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello guys im currently finished with my exams for first year and will be transitioned to second year around septemebr/october. Im doing data science currently in exeter university but want to change my course from data science to data science and mathematics. I have gotten Distiction in IT, Distinction* in Applied Science and C in maths. Would i be suitable for data science and mathematics course and if so how do i change like cause i talked with my academic tutor and he said you can do it after you got results but i need to apply for student finance right now so what should i do ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zulhaq345)
Hello guys im currently finished with my exams for first year and will be transitioned to second year around septemebr/october. Im doing data science currently in exeter university but want to change my course from data science to data science and mathematics. I have gotten Distiction in IT, Distinction* in Applied Science and C in maths. Would i be suitable for data science and mathematics course and if so how do i change like cause i talked with my academic tutor and he said you can do it after you got results but i need to apply for student finance right now so what should i do ?
Student finance is independent.
Just get on with applying for it and at the same time start to look into transferring if possible through internal means or go through UCAS if you want to transfer externally. Internally is easier. You can update student finance on the change of course if it happens.
zulhaq345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
so i should do student finance and then transfer my course as soon as possible and then update finance about it?
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
so i should do student finance and then transfer my course as soon as possible and then update finance about it?
Hi zulhaq345,

That is correct. You can apply for Student Finance without knowing which course/university you will be doing next academic year. You can easily change this at a later date. Hope this helps.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
zulhaq345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Right i got my results and i passed what steps should i do to change my data science course to data science and maths course please help?
Dechante
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Right i got my results and i passed what steps should i do to change my data science course to data science and maths course please help?
Email admissions at [email protected]
zulhaq345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Okay umm do i fulfil data science and maths in uni of exeter requirements with D* in applied science, D in IT and a C in maths?
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Okay umm do i fulfil data science and maths in uni of exeter requirements with D* in applied science, D in IT and a C in maths?
You'd need to ask the university; but as a first step, look at the prospectus information on Exeter's web site:

BSc Mathematics and Data Science - 2021 entry: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...atasciencebsc/

BSc Data Science - 2021 entry: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...ience/databsc/

The entry requirements for BSc Data Science are at least A-level grade B in Maths. The entry requirements for BSc Mathematics and Data Science include at least A-level grade A in Maths.

Obviously there might be a little bit of flexibility in who they admit, but the fact that Maths and Data Science requires an A and Data Science on its own only requires a B suggests that the maths will be harder in the former subject.

Looking in a bit more detail, it looks like the first year of the two course is identical -- so if you've done well in the maths components, you may be able to transfer directly into the second year of Maths and Data Science; that being so I suspect that your performance in year 1 of your existing course will be much more important that the exams you passed a year ago.
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi zulaq345 - I recommend that you speak to your tutor and teachers about this as they will know you as a student and understand your ability and suitability for the course. The University tries to be as flexible as possible and understands that preferences often change after a year of study. Contact your teachers first and then, if they support your request, Admissions will sort out the admin side of things.
Karen - University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads