The Student Room Group

Amazon Software Development Engineer Apprenticeship

I've just received the Stage 2 details, and it comprises of 4 interview questions, and 1 coding challenge.

Has anyone else applied, and got through to Stage 2? Has anyone done this in the past? What should I expect from the questions?

Scroll to see replies

hi im also applying for this, which office you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by Gent2324
hi im also applying for this, which office you applying for?

London, you? Did you get the stage 2 link?
Original post by Mahoganyyyy
London, you? Did you get the stage 2 link?

yes i got the stage 2 link. from what ive heard, codevue in general is apparently quite easy, similar difficulty to easy/medium on leetcode.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
yes i got the stage 2 link. from what ive heard, codevue in general is apparently quite easy, similar difficulty to easy/medium on leetcode.

Have you completed it yet? I'm pretty nervous to do it, since you get one attempt at all the questions.
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you completed it yet? I'm pretty nervous to do it, since you get one attempt at all the questions.

no ill probably do it in the next couple days. 99% of video interviews have 1 attempt anyway. how comfortable are you with coding? ive done it for a few months but if the question is about something i havent learnt yet then its game over lol.
Reply 6
no ill probably do it in the next couple days. 99% of video interviews have 1 attempt anyway. how comfortable are you with coding? ive done it for a few months but if the question is about something i havent learnt yet then its game over lol.

I've done a level 3 software apprenticeship, and have been working as a developer for over a year, so I'm pretty good at coding. Nothing really complex though, mostly web dev stuff. This is my first proper interview, the interview for my current job was like 5 mins long.

Im scared ill just get flustered and **** everything up... or my dog will bark the whole time.

Im curious as to the level of coding theyre expecting though. A Level comp sci doesnt teach coding to a really complex level, so maybe it wont be that hard? Which team did you apply for? I went for Alexa.
I've done a level 3 software apprenticeship, and have been working as a developer for over a year, so I'm pretty good at coding. Nothing really complex though, mostly web dev stuff. This is my first proper interview, the interview for my current job was like 5 mins long.

Im scared ill just get flustered and **** everything up... or my dog will bark the whole time.

Im curious as to the level of coding theyre expecting though. A Level comp sci doesnt teach coding to a really complex level, so maybe it wont be that hard? Which team did you apply for? I went for Alexa.

well given its a faang company, they will probably expect the applicants to be pretty good. they r expecting you to self-teach it even though a level cs doesnt cover much.

its only 1 question though, and if it helps, codevue seems to use its own questions and for JPM last year it was simple questions like fizzbuzz. since not alot is known about this apprenticeship i have no idea if they are expecting us to be as good as a graduate programmer or not. but given the salary i doubt they are expecting novice coders.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
well given its a faang company, they will probably expect the applicants to be pretty good. they r expecting you to self-teach it even though a level cs doesnt cover much.

its only 1 question though, and if it helps, codevue seems to use its own questions and for JPM last year it was simple questions like fizzbuzz. since not alot is known about this apprenticeship i have no idea if they are expecting us to be as good as a graduate programmer or not. but given the salary i doubt they are expecting novice coders.

Well since its a degree apprenticeship, I doubt theyre expecting graduate level knowledge. I dont think graduates can even apply. Its for school levers really.

I bloody hope its fizzbuzz lmao.
(edited 1 year ago)
Well since its a degree apprenticeship, I doubt theyre expecting graduate level knowledge. I dont think graduates can even apply. Its for school levers really.

I bloody hope its fizzbuzz lmao.

graduates can apply, you just cant have it in a similar subject ie cs.
its an easy ticket into amazon for people who cant get a graduate job there, can guarantee a lot of the people applying will be mid 20s or 30s. they probably dont hire many people too as i couldnt find much about this on the internet. but its worth a shot. given theres no time limit for the coding challenge i think that helps a lot.
graduates can apply, you just cant have it in a similar subject ie cs.
its an easy ticket into amazon for people who cant get a graduate job there, can guarantee a lot of the people applying will be mid 20s or 30s. they probably dont hire many people too as i couldnt find much about this on the internet. but its worth a shot. given theres no time limit for the coding challenge i think that helps a lot.

Are you allowed to use the internet when doing the coding challenge? Can I look at documentation and all that jazz?
Are you allowed to use the internet when doing the coding challenge? Can I look at documentation and all that jazz?

yes but dont just copy and paste **** off stack overflow as they will likely have plagarism checkers
Done the assessment for Amazon Level 2 for the London job. How’d you guys find it?
Original post by dannymaher67
Done the assessment for Amazon Level 2 for the London job. How’d you guys find it?

Without wanting to sound like an ********, I found the coding challenge too easy. The questions were pretty straightforward too. I guess only time will tell how I did though.

How did you find it?
Without wanting to sound like an ********, I found the coding challenge too easy. The questions were pretty straightforward too. I guess only time will tell how I did though.

How did you find it?

did you get fizzbuzz?

How did you find it?

Questions were nice as I’m already an apprentice for a different place. Coding question was good although the server cut out for me and left me not being able to type for 40 odd mins :/
When do you reckon we’ll find out?
Original post by dannymaher67
Questions were nice as I’m already an apprentice for a different place. Coding question was good although the server cut out for me and left me not being able to type for 40 odd mins :/
When do you reckon we’ll find out?

Submissions close on the 12th, so I'd imagine toward the end of the month. I know they send out offers toward the end of July. So shouldn't be too long.
Yeah I'm an apprentice too, I feel like apprentices are gonna get a huge advantage over school leavers. That question about managing time was so easy to answer, since I've already done it for a year.
did you get fizzbuzz?

It might as well have been fizzbuzz. It was just as easy.
It might as well have been fizzbuzz. It was just as easy.

mine was fizzbuzz lol.
but im not to sure it went well because the question afterwards where you had to describe it, i was lost for words, like, fizbuzz is so simple i dont know how i couldve explained my approach or anything
mine was fizzbuzz lol.
but im not to sure it went well because the question afterwards where you had to describe it, i was lost for words, like, fizbuzz is so simple i dont know how i couldve explained my approach or anything

I got the question right but I don’t know if I wrote it to the standard they wanted. I crumbled on that one but I think I have a good answer in what I’d do next time. We’ll see what happens. We can all message again if we hear anything back :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest