The Student Room Group

Tesco Pay Rates 2020

Does anyone know the different pay rates at tesco (as of may 2020)?.
I sent a support ticket to tesco themselves which I haven't heard back from and even my manager doesn't know. like what is 'extra night premium?

Basic Pay = 8.72
Sunday Overtime
Overtime 1
Night Overtime 1
Night Premium
Sunday Premium
Extra Night Premium
Bank Holiday Day OT
Bank Holiday Night OT
Hi, pay varies from Tesco to Tesco. I started on £8.66 an hour but following passing my probation that has increased to £9.45. Sunday pay is 1.25x and it's the same for bank holidays I'm pretty sure. depending on location, you'll get basic pay plus location pay if you live in an expensive area like London for example.
Reply 2
It's 10.98 at the depot I hope I start working at soon. That's basic pay. There is a 33% premium for weekend hoursThere is a I think 20% premium for night hoursAnd 50% premium for bank holidays and overtime I believe too. Tbh this is pretty good for this sort of work and seems better than other supermarkets like Sainsburys, and Morrisons. Defo ASDA who I think are one of the worst for company pay benefits. I was at ASDA for seven years and they constantly stripped benefits from colleagues like bank holiday premiums and tearing up contracts trying to fire and rehire. Disgusting in my opinion and it caused a lot of stress and disharmony in the team/s I was involved there.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest