Gonna sound like a whiney b***h, but...

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If people are protesting BLM in London. Why can we still not have lectures at university which I am still paying for???

Like I understand the two things are completely different. But I am getting myself into a huge amount of debt for YouTube videos when people seem to be allowed to go protest but we can’t have lectures?
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Because it is a lot different.

This is a big deal worldwide. Your lectures are not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Because it is a lot different.

This is a big deal worldwide. Your lectures are not.
Is is really though? The incident happened in America. I know people are trying to show solidarity. But they are doing nothing but spreading more disease. BAME are in fact more susceptible to Covid-19 so surely they should not be engaging in protests?
The RAR
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I don't what the **** they expect the UK to do, this happened in a ****hole like America, that incident has nothing to do with the UK. We are nothing like America or at the very least, we are very different from America
username3895014
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You’re right, the two are very different
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
I don't what the **** they expect the UK to do, this happened in a ****hole like America, that incident has nothing to do with the UK. We are nothing like America or at the very least, we are very different from America

https://twitter.com/illh0eminati/sta...170223617?s=21

Have a look through this thread. We’re not like America but the UK is not innocent either
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is is really though? The incident happened in America. I know people are trying to show solidarity. But they are doing nothing but spreading more disease. BAME are in fact more susceptible to Covid-19 so surely they should not be engaging in protests?
People are upset worldwide, that is what I meant. A lot of people are feeling strong emotions on it.

Sure, maybe its not a good idea to protest right now. But just because some people are protesting and possibly making poor choices to spread Covid, that doesnt mean you are now allowed to go and spread it more.
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It doesn’t matter. Just because we’re in the UK doesn’t mean we ignore what’s happening to others in different countries.
username5275792
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Liluzihurt)
It doesn’t matter. Just because we’re in the UK doesn’t mean we ignore what’s happening to others in different countries.
These sort of protests havent happened for stuff that have happened in other countries though. I dont remember, anyone protesting or rising up when innocent people died in mosques did they?
The RAR
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What about Western bombing in the Middle East? Why not protest that instead where thousands of lives were taken and ruined as a result of both the UK and the USA's actions? Nah forget that, let's protest about the death of one man in a country that is already a backwards ****hole
Legomenon
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
They're not going to achieve anything, all they're doing is increasing the risk of a second spike
Retronomical
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What about Western bombing in the Middle East? Why not protest that instead where thousands of lives were taken and ruined as a result of both the UK and the USA's actions? Nah forget that, let's protest about the death of one man in a country that is already a backwards ****hole
Its not just about George Floyd, it’s about every life taken due to racism.
The RAR
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Legomenon)
They're not going to achieve anything, all they're doing is increasing the risk of a second spike
Exactly, nothing we do over here will affect whats going on in America. All we are doing is increasing the infection rate of coronavirus
username5275792
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Its not just about George Floyd, it’s about every life taken due to racism.
But the protests are particularly for black lives correct. A lot of other lives have been taken as a result of racism, but it is quite interesting how not many people protested or spoke up when they died..
Retronomical
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bingbong9214)
But the protests are particularly for black lives correct. A lot of other lives have been taken as a result of racism, but it is quite interesting how not many people protested or spoke up when they died..
Yes, others are victims of racism too but black people have been the main target of racism for centuries. You and I cannot deny that.
Last edited by Retronomical; 2 years ago
Be Kind
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Be kind
flowercrowns
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
**** off

If people are protesting BLM in London. Why can we still not have lectures at university which I am still paying for???

Like I understand the two things are completely different. But I am getting myself into a huge amount of debt for YouTube videos when people seem to be allowed to go protest but we can’t have lectures?
Anonymous #1
Yes, others are victims of racism too but black people have been the main target of racism for centuries. You and I cannot deny that.
Jews? Legit chased from everywhere and tbh surprising how they still survive
Retronomical
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Jews? Legit chased from everywhere and tbh surprising how they still survive
Not a race.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.55%
As I expected (58)
32.77%
Harder (64)
36.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.52%

Watched Threads