Strawberrysun
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I graduated last year with a 2.1 in business, however after always having an interest in dentistry but not feeling 'clever' enough to ever pursue it, I never took this further. I am determined to study dentistry now after still having a huge interest in this. I was wondering what funding I could get in tuition fees and maintainece loans if I already hold a BA degree in something else? And if anyone has any advise on how I could become a dentist with little disposable income? Thanks in advance
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Strawberrysun)
I graduated last year with a 2.1 in business, however after always having an interest in dentistry but not feeling 'clever' enough to ever pursue it, I never took this further. I am determined to study dentistry now after still having a huge interest in this. I was wondering what funding I could get in tuition fees and maintainece loans if I already hold a BA degree in something else? And if anyone has any advise on how I could become a dentist with little disposable income? Thanks in advance
Good morning,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with? (The exact names)
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. All previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Strawberrysun
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Good morning,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with? (The exact names)
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. All previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi,

I am looking to study (Bds) dentistry at either University of Birmingham, University of Liverpool or University of Manchester. I am 24, a british citizen born in England and have lived here for my whole life. I hold a 2:1 bachelor degree in business studies (3 year course). Thanks so much.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

I am looking to study (Bds) dentistry at either University of Birmingham, University of Liverpool or University of Manchester. I am 24, a british citizen born in England and have lived here for my whole life. I hold a 2:1 bachelor degree in business studies (3 year course). Thanks so much.
Is this graduate entry dentistry? There is no course just called "Dentistry" on the database at Birmingham, please provide me with the exact course name.
Thanks, Isaac
Strawberrysun
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Is this graduate entry dentistry? There is no course just called "Dentistry" on the database at Birmingham, please provide me with the exact course name.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi,

Sorry, at Birmingham the course is 'dental surgery'. Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

Sorry, at Birmingham the course is 'dental surgery'. Thanks
Undergraduate dentistry is not an exceptions course, you would only be able to receive a Maintenance, not a Tuition Fee Loan.
Graduate entry dentistry is different and previous study is disregarded for graduate entry dentistry.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise