IWads
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LyndsayBy7)
Thank you!! Think I scraped through compared to some of the scores on here!! Fingers crossed you'll heat something soon
Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I emailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.
LyndsayBy7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Afc1414)
I’m not entirely sure about that although civil servants transferring will start on the slightly higher salary (27k instead of the 24), external candidates will start on the lower pay grade during training but will boost up post training from what I have seen on various threads.
Thank you! It's really hard to know sometimes, I get a marked time allowance so not sure of that would follow me over or not! Something to ask if I get an offer!
LyndsayBy7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWads)
Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I emailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.
I got a 5 on my application, only got 29 in total on the interview, I did have people walk in on me during some of my answers 🤦. Still a pass is a pass!! I got acceptable demonstration which is disappointing! I did wonder if the lower the score the longer it will take to get an offer?
IWads
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a 5 on my application, only got 29 in total on the interview, I did have people walk in on me during some of my answers 🤦. Still a pass is a pass!! I got acceptable demonstration which is disappointing! I did wonder if the lower the score the longer it will take to get an offer?
Oh no, well that can't be helped and they probably expect distractions to a certain extent due to having the complete the interview at home, a car alarm went off during one of my answers and I even found that really off-putting! Like you say you still passed! I'm really unsure how they prioritise/stagger interviews/job offers. It may be on scores or it may be dependant on the amount of applicants/location etc! Luckily we can email the GRS email when we have waited a while.
LyndsayBy7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWads)
Don’t I felt like that! But you did it so congratulations! I got a 4 on my application so hoping my interview was better. I have my fingers and toes crossed haha! I will post on this thread the outcome, but as I say I mailed GRS yesterday so hopefully will hear by the end of the week😄.
(Original post by IWads)
Oh no, well that can't be helped and they probably expect distractions to a certain extent due to having the complete the interview at home, a car alarm went off during one of my answers and I even found that really off-putting! Like you say you still passed! I'm really unsure how they prioritise/stagger interviews/job offers. It may be on scores or it may be dependant on the amount of applicants/location etc! Luckily we can email the GRS email when we have waited a while.
Yes we can 🙂. Can I ask where you've applied for? I've applied for Teesport which is North East, haven't seen many on her apply for anything Northern!
IWads
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes we can 🙂. Can I ask where you've applied for? I've applied for Teesport which is North East, haven't seen many on her apply for anything Northern!
Of course . I applied for Folkestone and Dover! South East .
LyndsayBy7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWads)
Of course . I applied for Folkestone and Dover! South East .
It would be interesting to know how many posts are available in each area!!
Good luck!! Do keep us posted 😁
IWads
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would be interesting to know how many posts are available in each area!!
Good luck!! Do keep us posted 😁
Definitely! Ah thank you very much, yes I will let you guys know😄
amnk1808
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, I did my interview 3 weeks ago and heard today I would be in the reserve list and then few hours later got a provisional offer so I think it's all starting to move quicker now
IWads
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWads)
Definitely! Ah thank you very much, yes I will let you guys know😄
Hi everyone, I scored a 27 overall therefore was unsuccessful. Gutted, but thank you all for your support and I wish you all the best of luck in your new careers.
LyndsayBy7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pippa1808)
Hey guys, I did my interview 3 weeks ago and heard today I would be in the reserve list and then few hours later got a provisional offer so I think it's all starting to move quicker now
Wow that's fantastic, congratulations!! Where have you applied for?
amnk1808
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow that's fantastic, congratulations!! Where have you applied for?
Thank you!! How is your application going? My offer is for Folkestone
LyndsayBy7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you!! How is your application going? My offer is for Folkestone
I just had the email last week to say I was on the waiting list! I've applied for Teesport, haven't seen anyone else apply for that? There'll probably be more vacancies in the south!, Wonder of they're filling those first?!
Congratulations again!
amnk1808
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just had the email last week to say I was on the waiting list! I've applied for Teesport, haven't seen anyone else apply for that? There'll probably be more vacancies in the south!, Wonder of they're filling those first?!
Congratulations again!
Oh brilliant, well done! I hope you don't have to wait too long til they start filling positions there. Yeah I think I saw they had started offering jobs in Gatwick I think, so maybe they're doing it bit by bit through location. Thank you and fingers crossed you get your offer asap!
Afc1414
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi All,

Has anyone reserved been given a provisional as of yet? Predominantly London or South based.
amnk1808
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know of anyone doing this job at the moment? Just wondering if anyone knows how often and how long the deployments tend to be?
username4443906
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know of anyone doing this job at the moment? Just wondering if anyone knows how often and how long the deployments tend to be?
1 week, I believe once on a set of 'nights' more if urgent.
amnk1808
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pcdc405)
1 week, I believe once on a set of 'nights' more if urgent.
Thank you, so is that a week of night shifts in a row but coming home after each shift or do you mean be away for a week? Just wondering how often and how long I might be away from home
username4443906
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you, so is that a week of night shifts in a row but coming home after each shift or do you mean be away for a week? Just wondering how often and how long I might be away from home
I've been told you do earliest and lates in your region. Nights is the week you can get deployed away. Doesn't mean night shifts. But you could be away for the whole 7 days. Travel to and from on the first and last day so therefore 5 days at work between travelling. It depends on your pattern, based on mine think it could be once in roughly 5 weeks. But there are caveats. Business needs, urgent situations or if you travel to a place which is outside of safe driving hours you'll stay in a hotel and then spend the week there. Even if you live X amount of hours away.
amnk1808
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pcdc405)
I've been told you do earliest and lates in your region. Nights is the week you can get deployed away. Doesn't mean night shifts. But you could be away for the whole 7 days. Travel to and from on the first and last day so therefore 5 days at work between travelling. It depends on your pattern, based on mine think it could be once in roughly 5 weeks. But there are caveats. Business needs, urgent situations or if you travel to a place which is outside of safe driving hours you'll stay in a hotel and then spend the week there. Even if you live X amount of hours away.
Ahh right I see, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads