zahidjuv1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi anyone has recently done the english gcse equivalency test from equivalencytesting. would like tonknwo what coem out in the writing section..plz any help
Runa2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
when did you apply, I am currently trying to apply for math and english, isit an online exam?? isit legitimate? because they ask to pay to a personal account, and I was unsure if its safe, please let me know asap, next exams on the 5th of june!MK
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
Yes it legitimate. I apply last week. Exams online on zoom today.
Twin246
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am waiting to sit the biology online. I havent received anything back yet but hopefully soon as I want to try and get it done within the next two weeks. How did you did the exam online?
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
on zoom and will send the paper google classroom. they will send you your ID when you book for the exams.
Twin246
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zahidjuv1)
on zoom and will send the paper google classroom. they will send you your ID when you book for the exams.
Still haven’t heard back but really need an exam. How did you find doing the paper online? I thought it might be like multi choice questions as it’s online.
nicoaguito
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,I was supposed to sit GCSE english equivalency test with the university that I applied for, but this isnt the case anymore due to de coronavirus outbreak. I have been told to get in touch with Equivalency Testing and book my english test with them. I have been revising the AQA english paper 2 for the last 6 months as I was told that the test I was originally meant to take would be similar to this.I'm now concerned that ET offers different tests (analyse poetry or AQA paper 1 and all of that) and I haven't got a clue about it. Could any of you let me know if the english test with ET would be an AQA Paper 2?Also how much would the price be for test and how do you apply for them?Many thanks,Nico
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi. the test consist of 3 sections. 1st reading. 2nd writing. and 3rd analysis of 2 unseen poetry. based on aqa format. exams paper is 2 hours. test is done online fir the moment on zoom. u need to do the test online and all writing online. test cost 160 pound. u pay 30 pound to book in and pay the rest on the exams day. check equivalencytesting.com website and check if the exams section is opened u can book for the exam. exams is being done every week for the moment. hopes that helps...
nicoaguito
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
zahidjuv1 thanks for your answer.

Could you give me a bit of background about the questions for the test you’ve mention as to what are they like and what to expect and how many of them?

When I was revising for the AQA paper 2 test I had a total of 5 questions with two sources (one being factual and the other one being fictional). Questions were:

1 Identify 4 true statements from source either A or B

2 write a summary of differences/Similarities between source A and B

3 use of language on source either A or B

4 compare source A and B

5 write an article, opinion, newspaper column etc etc

I’m actually fuming that I’ve been revising for the last 6 months for nothing

Many thanks for your Help.
Last edited by nicoaguito; 3 weeks ago
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
section A (reading) u will hav 2 non-fiction text. 3 questions to answer. question will be based on what there is in the syllabus.
section b(writing) selection from 2 essays. have to choose one. could be an article, a letter, describtive, narrative , pursuasive writing..
section c (writing) analysis of two poem. will have 3 questions to answer. you will need to see ET website and see the syllabus. It doesnt cover all the aqa syllabus. all the best for ur exams 👍🏻
Runa2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
will i be able to use my mobile to log into zoom, and desktop for google classroom, as i do not have webcam?
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
can't answer this one. It is better use a laptop or computer.
Twin246
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
can't answer this one. It is better use a laptop or computer.
i haven't done an exam online before so bit worried it will put me off. I have done the maths exam at the center which was fine. any tips before hand? im booking for the 19th june
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
tips poetry "follower". hope the paper didnt change by the date you do your exams.
Runa2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi there, is the total cost of the exams 160 +30dep = 190, or isit 130+30dep = 160? I just finished my maths exam yesterday and was confused what ammount to send, and isit to the same account we gave the deposit? thankss
zahidjuv1
Rep:
?
£160 in all
30 prio to the exams and 130 after the exams
Simik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I am planning to sit the English test soon. I am a mature student going back into studying after many years. I have been recommended to use A star or ET for my English exam. Very confused who to choose. I need to sit it by end of this month. I have spoken to A star but can only email ET. I would prefer not to travel due to the current situation and am thinking of the online exam but very nervous about the poems. A Star have sent a practice paper but have received nothing from ET.
Has anyone sat the English test recently? Any advise or help will be appreciated.
Thank you
Runa2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simik)
Hi I am planning to sit the English test soon. I am a mature student going back into studying after many years. I have been recommended to use A star or ET for my English exam. Very confused who to choose. I need to sit it by end of this month. I have spoken to A star but can only email ET. I would prefer not to travel due to the current situation and am thinking of the online exam but very nervous about the poems. A Star have sent a practice paper but have received nothing from ET.
Has anyone sat the English test recently? Any advise or help will be appreciated.
Thank you
i will be taking the english test next tuesday and kind of nervous about the poem also, the online exam for math wasnt bad actually, but still waiting results. i am doing it through the equivalency testing, but if you have revision notes from a star, please share with me if possible, equivalency testing do not have revision materials online, they did for maths...
Runa2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
£160 in all
30 prio to the exams and 130 after the exams
thanks for this
Runa2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com...s%20Heaney.pdf

poem 'follower' nicely annotated and other notes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (30)
19.48%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (39)
25.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (23)
14.94%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (36)
23.38%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (14)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (12)
7.79%

Watched Threads