velvets779
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm choosing between doing psychology with cognitive neuroscience or a biology degree. I find both really interesting but I'm not sure what kind of job i would want in the future. I want to know if anyone who has studied psychology (or graduated), what did you do after your degree? Was it worth it?
ankairo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you do psychology as a degree, most likely your going to be a psychologist right? so wouldn't a masters and then phd be next, personally most people i know that did psychology didn't want to commit to further years of study so they went into human resource management.
AnishaNassali
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by velvets779)
I'm choosing between doing psychology with cognitive neuroscience or a biology degree. I find both really interesting but I'm not sure what kind of job i would want in the future. I want to know if anyone who has studied psychology (or graduated), what did you do after your degree? Was it worth it?
I've actually gone on to do my masters in Psychology and I really enjoy it - I'm hoping to work on the more social side of Psychology, ie Domestic Abuse. Speaking of which, I am doing my dissertation at the moment, can you please take my survey? https://livpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Wmi26G3nkqNoI5
Last edited by AnishaNassali; 4 months ago
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It was worth it for me, even if I can't currently use my degree.
AnishaNassali
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
It was worth it for me, even if I can't currently use my degree.
Please if you are able to, can you help me to do my Psychology Masters Thesis https://livpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Wmi26G3nkqNoI5
Last edited by AnishaNassali; 4 months ago
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My sister is currently doing a master's in the field and intended to compete the next stage of training to become a clinical psychologist - she's definitely loved it and it shows in her grades too.

If you do go for psychology, make sure the course is accredited by the BPS, else if you want to go down the psychologist route you'll need to do extra training.
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you’re interested in a subject it’s always worth studying. But remember it’s easier to convert to psychology later than it is to other subjects. If you want a career that uses psychological principles, you don’t need to do a psychology degree. Something worth thinking about.
ayten63
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Depends on what you want to do in the future honestly. I wouldn’t recommend going into studying in the hopes of becoming a Clinical Psychologist because of how soul sucking the competition is to become one. It is extremely hard and most people give up on trying to get into the doctorate course. I am genuinely worried for my future because of this. However, if you want to become a researcher in cognitive psychology/neurology I would say that you can do that with both of those degrees and I would suggest going along with psychology. Psychology degree is very fun and it is extremely broad. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be disadvantaged if you chose Psychology over Biology in any means.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I didn't do psychology as an undergraduate degree, but I'm doing a masters in Forensic Psychology at the moment and I love it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed