The Student Room Group

Don't know how to tease people

Read on here not so long ago about some girls disliking nice guys but instead liking guys who could tease/banter with them which gave me a wakeup call.

I try to do that, but I think girls just see me as too nice anyways and I can't escalate like a lot of other guys can. Just feel like I'm destined for a loveless marriage, being alone or having to turn myself into something I'm not to do well..
Deep down every girl loves a guy who’s kind and nice they do like the timely banter but just be yourself be kind and nice but not overly nice like don’t always compliment them cuz that gets awks in the end or saying night to them on msg just be like night sleep well x don’t over do things and crack a few offensive jokes in there we love it
Let me promise you this- this is not a thought shared by all women. It’s a preference like anything else. It’s nice to have banter with someone, but from my perspective, I’d much rather be with someone who treats me kindly and with respect than someone who just jokes all the time. I can guarantee you that being a nice guy won’t stop you finding love, you just need to meet the right person!
Reply 3
Original post by carelesslion
Let me promise you this- this is not a thought shared by all women. It’s a preference like anything else. It’s nice to have banter with someone, but from my perspective, I’d much rather be with someone who treats me kindly and with respect than someone who just jokes all the time. I can guarantee you that being a nice guy won’t stop you finding love, you just need to meet the right person!

Hmm I keep being told I will, but its then wondering how to do this.

Thanks for the insights though
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm I keep being told I will, but its then wondering how to do this.

Thanks for the insights though

It’ll happen naturally. In my experience, we find love when we don’t seek it. Some of the best relationships just happen without even trying. Best of luck!
Reply 5
From what I can gather, girls don't actively seek out a "bad boy" or a "nice guy" just someone to have fun with and make them smile.

But to do that you need to be confident and comfortable in your own skin to do so, the problem is that the "bad boy" type of persona radiates confidence, mostly too much, which is good for a night out but not for relationships. which is why they're called "bad boys."

The reason why "nice guys" fail is they put them on a pedestal because they think the girl is perfect and the girl is afraid that she'll never live up to that and therefore can never get comfortable to joke around with them as much.

Just be yourself and comfortable in who you are and show your true self to people. You'll be able to notice who is interested. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by its_sean
From what I can gather, girls don't actively seek out a "bad boy" or a "nice guy" just someone to have fun with and make them smile.

But to do that you need to be confident and comfortable in your own skin to do so, the problem is that the "bad boy" type of persona radiates confidence, mostly too much, which is good for a night out but not for relationships. which is why they're called "bad boys."

The reason why "nice guys" fail is they put them on a pedestal because they think the girl is perfect and the girl is afraid that she'll never live up to that and therefore can never get comfortable to joke around with them as much.

Just be yourself and comfortable in who you are and show your true self to people. You'll be able to notice who is interested. Hope this helps :smile:

Yeah definitely agree with a lot of what you say, makes sense :smile:

I don't think girls are perfect but haven't had a lot of experience with them, not even many female friends so this could be an issue. Can talk to them okay and joke around, but maybe not escalate further which is what works at the end of the day.

Feel like my true self is boring. Have a fair amount of knowledge and found people to be bored by the detail I go into on things so have just started to suppress myself to appeal to more..
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah definitely agree with a lot of what you say, makes sense :smile:

I don't think girls are perfect but haven't had a lot of experience with them, not even many female friends so this could be an issue. Can talk to them okay and joke around, but maybe not escalate further which is what works at the end of the day.

Feel like my true self is boring. Have a fair amount of knowledge and found people to be bored by the detail I go into on things so have just started to suppress myself to appeal to more..

I would never suppress yourself to impress anyone, if someone truly likes you, or is interested in you, they'll want to know about your likes, dislikes and what essentially makes you, you.

You have to come to terms that not everyone in the world is going to like you and that's ok just aslong as you like yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending