The Student Room Group

Halal relationship

Asalamualikum brothers and sisters I need some advice on what to do with my current situation, I am stuck with what to do, I have met a boy and have been getting to know him over text and the phone and we are both Muslim and we have ha a few problem with getting my parents to agree for like 3 times but recently we have had a problem as I finally spoke up to my parents respectfully and told them that I simply can not stop speaking to this boy and we have tried 3 times and we have both failed to do so, we asked for my parentS to allow us to do nikkah so we are not doing anything haram in allahs eyes but my parents insist on us waiting until we are both 21-23. I have been honest with my father n said I can’t stop speaking to this boy and the same for him with me and my father had agreed to let us keep speaking but only over the phone he made it very clear that we can not meet up until nikkah and I thought this was going to be the solution but I’m not to sure if this is okay, I like to think it’s okay as my mahram knows that I am speaking the boy and that we are practically engaged to each other.

Please someone help me with some advice as I am very stuck on this situation, thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Asalamualikum brothers and sisters I need some advice on what to do with my current situation, I am stuck with what to do, I have met a boy and have been getting to know him over text and the phone and we are both Muslim and we have ha a few problem with getting my parents to agree for like 3 times but recently we have had a problem as I finally spoke up to my parents respectfully and told them that I simply can not stop speaking to this boy and we have tried 3 times and we have both failed to do so, we asked for my parentS to allow us to do nikkah so we are not doing anything haram in allahs eyes but my parents insist on us waiting until we are both 21-23. I have been honest with my father n said I can’t stop speaking to this boy and the same for him with me and my father had agreed to let us keep speaking but only over the phone he made it very clear that we can not meet up until nikkah and I thought this was going to be the solution but I’m not to sure if this is okay, I like to think it’s okay as my mahram knows that I am speaking the boy and that we are practically engaged to each other.

Please someone help me with some advice as I am very stuck on this situation, thank you.

i am sorry but i dont see what is the problem, ur parents agreed for the nikkah right? and you guys can talk so whats the problem
Reply 2
Sister, what do you want? Do u want to see him?
Reply 3
You speak to him, whats the next step you want.
Your parents to compromise or something?
No I’m fine with waiting till we are 21 but the guy is saying to me that as much as he wants this he still saying it’s wrong even though everything has been spoken about to my parents
I have no problems not meeting and seeing him until we are older as I can speak to him on the phone whenever.
Reply 6
Original post by Ailurophile03
i am sorry but i dont see what is the problem, ur parents agreed for the nikkah right? and you guys can talk so whats the problem

I have no problem not seeing him as I can speak to him over the phone and text anything.
Original post by NA_03
Sister, what do you want? Do u want to see him?
Reply 7
I have no problem not seeing him as I can speak to him over the phone and text anything.

I have no clue how I’d advise u regarding this situation. To me everything seems good Alhamdulillah, OP what were u hoping for?
If u don’t feel comfortable talking here u can always pm sister x
Don't just straight up marry some dude u've talked to over the phone...

I think your parents gave a good solution. Is the problem that you want to get married sooner? Or is it that you want to develop your relationship in a halal way?

Perhaps if you speak about it to your parents when your a bit older like 19-20 (if you’re not that age already) they may allow you to do so, because you’ve become more mature. If you’re already that age then it’s not long to go until you can get married so just hold back until then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending