Have you made your firm and insurance choices?

Watch
Poll: Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices?
Yes (275)
55.89%
Yes, but I want to swap them (37)
7.52%
No, but I know who I want to choose (39)
7.93%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (104)
21.14%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (37)
7.52%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
The deadline was pushed back to make your firm and insurance choices to the 18th June, and with everything going on at the moment a lot of people were delaying making this choice until they felt a little more sure about what was going on in the world.
Now it's June and the deadline is today have you made your choice yet? If not, what's stopping or delaying you?
Has Covid-19 changed your perceptions on going to uni, or which uni you want to go to?
Do you not like the stance your preferred uni has taken for autumn term teaching, and are thinking of switching your choices around?
Let us know your thoughts!

If you've already made your choice, congratulations!
Why not check out our uni group chats where you can talk to others who have also firmed your uni? You can find them here >>
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 9 months ago
heyitsheather
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I made my choice back in February. Don't regret it tho.
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Did my choices mid-March when it was starting to become apparent that I wouldn't be able to get to the Offer Holder Day I wanted to (see: coronavirus). It was a gut instinct to do it then and not leave it until later, even if the deadline was to be extended. That being said, I had pretty much made my mind up as to which unis I was going to firm/insure way back in September. All I needed was the offers.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have decided my firm and insurance as soon as my uni offers came it wasn't too hard to make the decision since, I do wish the offer holder days weren't cancelled because I only visited 1 uni I applied to I hope I made the right choice as I haven't visited my firm I chose them on the basis of it being known for being in a city which many people have said is very pretty and that I wouldn't have to pay any uni fees. For insurance I picked a uni with the lower offer.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I made my choice as soon as I got my last offer, first choice was my dream uni and then there was only one left that didn't have higher grades than that offer. I've been given the option to change my mind due to corona but I'm pretty sure I won't.
Afnan.i s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
The deadline was pushed back to make your firm and insurance choices to the 18th June, and with everything going on at the moment a lot of people were delaying making this choice until they felt a little more sure about what was going on in the world.

Now it's June and the deadline in drawing in, have you made your choice yet? If not, what's stopping or delaying you?

Has Covid-19 changed your perceptions on going to uni, or which uni you want to go to?

Do you not like the stance your preferred uni has taken for autumn term teaching, and are thinking of switching your choices around?

Let us know your thoughts!
I am totally stuck about my choices because of fees. As I am not sure university will charge me international or Eu as i sent my form on 27 of April for fees assessment and still not heard anything back. Other university charge me Home fees but the university that i want to make my firm still no response. I am confused what to do as i cant take risk to make firm choice and then pay international and the deadline is just coming😓😓
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
made my choice as soon as i got my offer from warwick (my last one). cardiff is my insurance.

don't regret it at all!
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Afnan.i s)
I am totally stuck about my choices because of fees. As I am not sure university will charge me international or Eu as i sent my form on 27 of April for fees assessment and still not heard anything back. Other university charge me Home fees but the university that i want to make my firm still no response. I am confused what to do as i cant take risk to make firm choice and then pay international and the deadline is just coming😓😓
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I would contact your university directly to see which category you fall under, and if they are not reply check their website and try and use their social media accounts to ask for someone to get back to you. I hope this helps, I'm sorry it's been a difficult time for you at the moment
Afnan.i s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks for your reply!🙂Mmu have already solved my problem and they assessed my fees status now I am going to MMu my dream uni.Thanks ❤️
sk1367
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
wait is this for 2021 entry?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by sk1367)
No 2020 - yesterday was the final day most people had to make their Firm & Insurance choices by (and decline any other offers they held in the UCAS system)
A aron
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by sk1367)
damm i was getting a little worried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.1%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.33%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.78%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.09%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.35%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.75%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.65%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads