Roo235678
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have offers for Bsc Economics from both LSE and Warwick (as well as nottingham, bristol and leeds) and am struggling to decide which one to firm. I think I prefer the more mathematical nature of the LSE course and that there is no history element. However I want a good social life and hence question LSE’s ability to provide that. I have reserved a single room at passfield hall at LSE if I firm LSE and wanted to know if that changes my decision. I don’t want to miss out on a better experience at warwick for the name of LSE. Any help appreciated...
Buddingdentist08
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Roo235678)
I have offers for Bsc Economics from both LSE and Warwick (as well as nottingham, bristol and leeds) and am struggling to decide which one to firm. I think I prefer the more mathematical nature of the LSE course and that there is no history element. However I want a good social life and hence question LSE’s ability to provide that. I have reserved a single room at passfield hall at LSE if I firm LSE and wanted to know if that changes my decision. I don’t want to miss out on a better experience at warwick for the name of LSE. Any help appreciated...
I’m only in year 8 so I don’t really know much. But I live in London and one of my cousins went to LSE. London is a really great place to go to uni because there are so many things to do and for lots of ppl they never go back to London so they really make the most of their time there. I hope this helps
econ20022
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Roo235678)
Hi, Warwick and LSE are both great for economics. I would say that if you are able to manage the workload at LSE then London is a much superior place to be for social and night life than Warwick (Coventry).
mk_c18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Heyy tbh they are both very good unis especially for what your doing. And both target unis but LSE is more highly respected by most employers and have a lot of connections. Also warwicks nightlife and all isnt the best. I live in london so i can tell you that the night life is great
user131002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think LSE will open more doors for you (in terms of career opportunities). Warwick is rather new so you won't get that traditional aspect there. LSE is also better if you will enjoy the maths content. And I've heard the Warwick night life is pretty dead, London has everything you can think of in close proximity. And you will get better contacts and networking opportunities at LSE. Good luck with your decision!
BasicMistake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
LSE has a somewhat better reputation if you want to get high-flying finance jobs. They're a target for investment banks whereas Warwick is generally considered to be a semi-target (albeit a very good one). Outside of that there probably isn't too much separating the two in terms of career opportunities.

On the academic side, Warwick does have an economic history module in first year but that's it in terms of compulsory courses. The high level of flexibility allows you to make the course as mathematical as the LSE course, if not more. Both the LSE and Warwick courses are good preparation for postgraduate programmes in economics.

The two universities are incredibly different so comparing social life is an apples-to-oranges comparison. Some people prefer a campus and small-town experience (Warwick) and some prefer a big city (LSE). London naturally has more stuff to do but that comes at a premium, rent might be three or four times higher.
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
they both have good career prospects. Just choose the environment where you feel you would thrive best. Warwick is a reputable uni especially for maths and economics.
Last edited by royalty1702; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads