yh here honeslty macbeth will be the end of me

i really dont get it ugh..
is it ok if u could explain the basic plot of it pls
have a look at this i think this should explain it

if you cant see it email me at
[email protected]
Original post by sofiaxxxm
is anyone else doing macbeth

hey i did macbeth and honestly its allright. Literature is all about waffling a lil. You need firstly context. You need to know about King James and how he researched and read about demononolgy and witchcraft, therefore influencing society to fear these magics etc. You need to know about society and how they hated witches and did witch trials and the Great Chain Of Being (how society is ordered and should be kept) + Divine Right Of Kings (belief that kings are divinely chosen by God). You should also know about roles of men and women and how women were sometimes seen as the lower hand and expected to birth babies etc. and how men had to suppress their emotions and be fearless warriors. You should also research the 9 elements of a shakespearean tragedy and link these to the characters in the play. You should identify key themes such as power, deceit, appearance vs reality, witchraft etc. The basic plot: Macbeth is seen as a fearless warrior and praised by King Duncan at the beginning. Later on Macbeth and his loyal friend Banquo are approached by witches and they brainwash macbeth with how he will become king. This is where Macbeth starts to believe the witches and his wife, Lady Macbeth steps up and fuels his ambition, making him hungry for power. Macbeth then commits treason, and goess against his loyal partners and King Duncan. As a result of this him and his wife are to be taken down by warriors, bringing macbeths power to an end.
Original post by sumsumz1
hey i did macbeth and honestly its allright. Literature is all about waffling a lil. You need firstly context. You need to know about King James and how he researched and read about demononolgy and witchcraft, therefore influencing society to fear these magics etc. You need to know about society and how they hated witches and did witch trials and the Great Chain Of Being (how society is ordered and should be kept) + Divine Right Of Kings (belief that kings are divinely chosen by God). You should also know about roles of men and women and how women were sometimes seen as the lower hand and expected to birth babies etc. and how men had to suppress their emotions and be fearless warriors. You should also research the 9 elements of a shakespearean tragedy and link these to the characters in the play. You should identify key themes such as power, deceit, appearance vs reality, witchraft etc. The basic plot: Macbeth is seen as a fearless warrior and praised by King Duncan at the beginning. Later on Macbeth and his loyal friend Banquo are approached by witches and they brainwash macbeth with how he will become king. This is where Macbeth starts to believe the witches and his wife, Lady Macbeth steps up and fuels his ambition, making him hungry for power. Macbeth then commits treason, and goess against his loyal partners and King Duncan. As a result of this him and his wife are to be taken down by warriors, bringing macbeths power to an end.

whos king james cuz i never learnt anything
The only thing I remember is ‘fair and foul,foul is fair hover through the fog and filthy air’😭
Original post by sofiaxxxm
i really dont get it ugh..
is it ok if u could explain the basic plot of it pls

Have you tried going to Mr Bruff on YouTube?
He explains Macbeth pretty well
Original post by firdouss
whos king james cuz i never learnt anything

king james was king of scotland during the time and he read about witchraft and demons etc
maybe you didnt learn it but in my skl we did loads of context

Quick Reply

Latest