fionaf0006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi ,in just a few months I will be taking my gcses , but Im currently struggling to understand anything . Im the person to spend days and lots of effort into revising ,
,just to get my grades back and be dissapointed. I'm currently looking at others succeed whiles i cry over my insecurities ... what should i do ?
TheHistoryNerd_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there! I'm presuming you mean you're currently in year 10 and will be doing your exams in September 2021? Calm down!!! Believe me you've got loads of time (I was supposed to be sitting my gcses right now). I did not start revising until I started year 11, so honestly in the summer between yr10 and yr11, just relax - you'll need it. Your description sums up how I revised, I'd spend hours - and I mean hours - doing absolutely rubbish revision. I can help you out if you tell me what subjects you're doing, as I revised differently for different subjects?
Last edited by TheHistoryNerd_; 4 months ago
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there, I agree with the response above in that you still have plenty of time. Maybe spent a little time in the summer watching videos or making flashcards, but it sounds like you have the work ethic and dedication to succeed. Therefore, I would recommend just taking some time out in the summer and recharging for the 2020-2021 academic year. Come September, you can consider your next steps regarding revision and perhaps asking some teachers for extra help.
SineadH0312
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Perhaps try out different revision techniques as the ones you are using may not be the right ones for you. While some people may revise through mind maps and flashcards, others find it useful to practice answering questions from past papers. Also ensure that you've got a good balance of revision time and relaxing time so that your isn't full of stress. It might help to draw up a timetable. For example, you could have 45 minutes of revising math and then reward yourself with a 10-15 minute break. Also make sure that you are revising what you struggle with as a lot of people revise what they enjoy as opposed to the areas they need to work on.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you are spending lots of time and effort revising but arent understanding anything, you are probably using the wrong revision techniques. You have the work ethic but you arent using your time effectively. Work out what kind of learner you are and what revision techniques works for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads