EuphoriaTrash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi , I'm moving to Germany soon to study the language and move onto higher education over there. Is there anything I need to do in the UK before I leave?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you already have a place at a German University? Have you arranged accommodation?
EuphoriaTrash
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Do you already have a place at a German University? Have you arranged accommodation?
I have a place at a german language learning school first then move to their higher education,
Accommodation wise I'll be living with my boyfriend and his family over there so it's just a short train ride away
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by EuphoriaTrash)
I have a place at a german language learning school first then move to their higher education,
Accommodation wise I'll be living with my boyfriend and his family over there so it's just a short train ride away
You would be well advised to get in touch with the German University you wish to attend now, otherwise you could find yourself without a place.

Where are you planning to move to and when?
EuphoriaTrash
Rep:
?
You would be well advised to get in touch with the German University you wish to attend now, otherwise you could find yourself without a place.

Where are you planning to move to and when?
I'll be doing the language course as a study for a year THEN to higher education once done which would be the next year I'd have to apply. (So I can apply next year.) And near Celle on the 17th of June this year I'm hoping.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would make a point of verifying what your situation would be if you needed health care of any kind. Germany doesn't have an NHS in the way that we do.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthcare-in-germany

I would be sure to check that it is possible to move to Celle at the moment - I'm not sure what restrictions exist in Germany currently.
EuphoriaTrash
Rep:
?
Yeah, I've been worrying about that too but the people at the language centre said they would help & integrate me into German life, like health insurance, residency things etc
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by EuphoriaTrash)
Yeah, I've been worrying about that too but the people at the language centre said they would help & integrate me into German life, like health insurance, residency things etc
Are they actually open at the moment or do they need to wait before they can offer courses again?

I'm concerned about the possibility that you might pay for travel to get there and then be sent home. I've just been reading the website for the German Police and I'm not sure you would be allowed to enter Germany at the moment.

Just to add that I don't think that Lufthansa is flying UK-Germany at the moment.
EuphoriaTrash
Rep:
?
Are they actually open at the moment or do they need to wait before they can offer courses again?

I'm concerned about the possibility that you might pay for travel to get there and then be sent home. I've just been reading the website for the German Police and I'm not sure you would be allowed to enter Germany at the moment.
I've seen an article which plans to open the EU to tourists from June 15th, just waiting for confirmation:
https://www.thelocal.de/20200603/ger...-from-mid-june

The courses are likely to resume in july I've been told
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.2%
I don't have everything I need (339)
43.8%

Watched Threads