The Student Room Group

How is my final grade assessed

8.8. For each candidate for the Bachelor’s degree with Honours, the class of Honours achieved will be based on the best of the two following weighted averages of unit marks
:8.8.1. Using the penultimate and final stages of the programme of study:• Marks from the units comprising the best 90 credits at the final stage, including atleast 30 credits from the designated project, are double weighted; and• Marks from the units comprising the best 90 credits at the penultimate stage are single weighted; and• The result of the weighted average calculation is rounded using the convention: 0.5and above rounded up, otherwise rounded down to the nearest whole number.
8.9. Using only the final stage:• The Honours classification is based on the average of the marks attained in 90credits at the final stage, including at least 30 credits from the designated project
.8.10.The calculated mark for classifications for all honours awards will be determined using both of the above methodologies; students will be awarded using the higher of these calculations.
8.11.In academic year 2020/21 a new algorithm will be applied to all candidates for a Bachelor’s degree with Honours, the class of Honours achieved will be determined by the following algorithm only
8.11.1. 120 credits at level 6, no weighting will be applied8.12.The table below (Table B) shows the weighted averages and the boundaries for classes of Honours:

So this is what i have just recieved from my unit Leader. I have been waiting almost 2 weeks but no reply. Anyone who can help me understand what this means?
(edited 3 years ago)
If you graduate this year you can ignore 8.11 and 8.11.1. The other paragraphs outline the two classification methods utilised; you get the best result of those two.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply, I will be graduating next year. I’ve got all my module credits information next year and I’ll be starting my diss.I guess I should have been more precise with my question, it was the methods utilised part double weighted best 90 credits etc I have no idea what this terminology means I am on a 4 year PT course in Edu my first year doesn’t count.I do 3 modules each year each with 2 weighted assignments for each module usually 50/50 which are worth 60 credits Then they take 30 of something from my dissertation to inform my final mark. I just can’t wrap my head around it lolWould it be helpful if I linked my grades?
Original post by Khadeem
Thank you so much for your reply, I will be graduating next year. I’ve got all my module credits information next year and I’ll be starting my diss.I guess I should have been more precise with my question, it was the methods utilised part double weighted best 90 credits etc I have no idea what this terminology means I am on a 4 year PT course in Edu my first year doesn’t count.I do 3 modules each year each with 2 weighted assignments for each module usually 50/50 which are worth 60 credits Then they take 30 of something from my dissertation to inform my final mark. I just can’t wrap my head around it lolWould it be helpful if I linked my grades?

Unless there are special rules for part-time students, then the only relevant paragraph appears to be 8.11.1. As such,it appears that you will be classified according to all 120 credits gained at Level 6 i.e.third year for full timers. What does Table B show?

Quick Reply

Latest