The Student Room Group

HSPS Cambridge advice

Hi all, I'm a little late to the HSPS party - having only found the degree the other week - but have fallen in love with it a little. The trouble being that I have no formal schooling in sociology or politics and want to bolster my application.
I'll obviously do the reading and all that but that's the minimum rather than exceptional extra-curricular stuff. My EPQ is on a somewhat related topic of American interventionism and the international fallback to it (which I suppose meshes quite nicely with International Relations) but, again, it hasn't introduced me to many new sociological concepts (if any to be honest!). My A-Levels are Philosophy, History, and German, so while not directly correlating to the course they are somewhat related. My grades are sufficient, but I really need to acquire some more practical knowledge/experience so my application isn't just "this sounds really cool but I have very little experience with it whatsoever".
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :wink:)
Reply 2

ah i guess that'd been a good place to start wouldn't it. thanks!
Original post by deutschbag
ah i guess that'd been a good place to start wouldn't it. thanks!

Welcome! Knowing where to begin is often one of the hardest parts. Beyond that, just go with the flow of your interests, there is so much out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending