Cass1988
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thought following on from the TSP results the past couple of days we could get to know our colleagues we will be starting with on 4th November 2020.
Heldol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Great idea! I have accepted a place at Croydon. I received an email saying they need to verify my ID and that I will hear from the tax academy but I haven't heard anything yet.
CarrieS2404
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, great idea to set this up!

I accepted my offer for Edinburgh yesterday, and actually received one of those emails about ID too. Glad someone else has because I was a bit worried haha! I'm sure it'll be fine though.

I'm external and just finished my degree in Politics. Excited and nervous to start!
tspquery123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I will be in Croydon too I am also external, can't wait til November! I am currently going crazy over the pre-employment checks, I guess I am just thinking too much about them!
Cass1988
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Welcome!

I've accepted Belfast. I'm internal already, actually got an O post through the TSP tests alone a few years ago and it took near 2 years actually from taking the tests to start a post so I'm used to all the waiting.
Passed the AC last year too but was reserve list and thankfully got the place in Belfast this year.

The pre employment checks aren't too much on your side so nothing really to worry about... Unless you've been naughty naughty 😂
shyamgohil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done all.. I accepted my place for Nottingham! Doesn’t seem to be a lot of us on this forum that has chose this location that I’ve seen though!.. I’m also internal so no background checks necessary, think it’s just a internal check to see if you have a disciplinary record etc..
Heldol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven't seen any Stratford which is surprising. At my AC we were all Manchester or London pretty much.
shyamgohil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone have any information on the role itself outside the job description?.. sort of the day to day type of thing? How is time split between studying/tutoring and casework?
Marko657
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cass1988)
Welcome!

I've accepted Belfast. I'm internal already, actually got an O post through the TSP tests alone a few years ago and it took near 2 years actually from taking the tests to start a post so I'm used to all the waiting.
Passed the AC last year too but was reserve list and thankfully got the place in Belfast this year.

The pre employment checks aren't too much on your side so nothing really to worry about... Unless you've been naughty naughty 😂
You have a very similar story to myself Cass1988. Also internal, starting in Belfast in November, and also currently an O that I got off the back of TSP tests. It was TSP 2015, and I started in HMRC on 19 December 2016.
Heldol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shyamgohil)
Does anyone have any information on the role itself outside the job description?.. sort of the day to day type of thing? How is time split between studying/tutoring and casework?
From what I was told it's one day a week for tutorials/study up to your exam. The other 4 days you do the regular work in your team. You can be placed in any team across the organisation. My AC had a few internals who had TSP people on their teams. They also had a few people who had dropped off the program too.
Rcv123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone! Well done!

I've accepted a place in Croydon. I see that there are a few of us on this forum. Looking forward to meeting you in November!

I'm internal and I have a question for the other internal candidates. Once I accepted the offer on the portal, it reverted back to "Application update" and it now says that they are finalising all documentation regarding my application. I haven't received any further emails. Is this the case for you as well? Do we need to do anything else at this stage?
Marko657
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rcv123)
Hi everyone! Well done!

I've accepted a place in Croydon. I see that there are a few of us on this forum. Looking forward to meeting you in November!

I'm internal and I have a question for the other internal candidates. Once I accepted the offer on the portal, it reverted back to "Application update" and it now says that they are finalising all documentation regarding my application. I haven't received any further emails. Is this the case for you as well? Do we need to do anything else at this stage?
We don’t need to do anything else at this stage. Just wait. Some very basic checks to be carried out for us internals, as described in the offer email (identity, fraud, disciplinary record in HMRC and any former dismissal from a Civil Service). However for peace of mind, in the portal now when you go into the application, then into view application, there are a few links, one of which confirms you have replied to the provisional offer with ‘accept’.
User7860
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi All! Congrats to everyone getting through. I'm internal too and have accepted my offer for Leeds. Currently a HO in Leeds and did the AC last year, although didnt get through. Second time lucky!
StevenP83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the role etc, look forward to working with some of you!
ash-jm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all. Well done everyone on getting an offer. I've accepted a place in Cardiff. I am currently a SO already working in HMRC. 😊
CarrieS2404
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do any of you internal folks/people already on the TSP have any tips/thoughts on how to prepare for the programme when you’re external?

Anything worth reading/learning/brushing up on beforehand?
dlc12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rcv123)
Hi everyone! Well done!

Hi, congratulations to you and everyone else.

im internal and accepted my offer for Liverpool. Like you, my screen went straight back to Application Update and states that they are finalising all documentation.

From their email it seems as though they already have all of the information They require to conduct the pre employment checks for those internal applicants - however i don’t know if that means we would get a formal offer before those who are external even though their checks will no doubt take longer to complete
StevenP83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CarrieS2404)
Do any of you internal folks/people already on the TSP have any tips/thoughts on how to prepare for the programme when you’re external?

Anything worth reading/learning/brushing up on beforehand?
The induction process will give you a very thorough background of everything you need, but it would probably be helpful (if you don’t know already) to just get an idea of how Personal Allowances and Income Tax works, just so you have an idea. To be honest though, the course is designed to make sure that even if you have no experience of tax, you won’t feel lost as long as you read the materials that you’re given and follow your tutorials.
Gembob92
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Morning - Just seen this thread! I'm Cardiff and already internal HO. The TSP layout is one day study, one day tutorial and 3 days normal casework for those wondering.
Gembob92
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ash-jm)
Hi all. Well done everyone on getting an offer. I've accepted a place in Cardiff. I am currently a SO already working in HMRC. 😊
What department are you in? I know another person who got Cardiff as we've worked together previously
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.62%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.87%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.75%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.06%

Watched Threads