Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay so, this might sound stupid but here goes. Everywhere online I've seen people buying those laundry pods for washing their clothes and I just wanted to know if for the washing machines at Lancaster if you could instead use laundry liquid that you put in the cap and put in with clothes just because it's so much cheaper where I would get it from and I'm trying to save as much money as possible?
RomanHouse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so, this might sound stupid but here goes. Everywhere online I've seen people buying those laundry pods for washing their clothes and I just wanted to know if for the washing machines at Lancaster if you could instead use laundry liquid that you put in the cap and put in with clothes just because it's so much cheaper where I would get it from and I'm trying to save as much money as possible?
Hi!

That isn't a stupid question at all, saving money is always a priority for students! It really depends on the type of Laundry facilities you have to be honest!

We use a company called Circuit at Roman House and they do not allow the use of liquids inside of the drum as it can cause damage to your clothing when directly poured inside.

Perhaps, check with your dorm or accommodation you are staying with - they may have a handy tip or two for the specific machines in use?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Anon,
Yes you can! I used it in laundry liquid in first year which I put in like a plastic cap thing. It'll work completely fine. Think people prefer pods if they've done washing before as it's the most simple.
We have circuit laundry at Lancaster (like they do at all UK universities I believe) if you'd like to have have a look.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Make sure you get a circuit laundry card, the app is TERRIBLE. Worst company ever profiting from a student necessity.

Works tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
21.04%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.77%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (66)
21.36%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.03%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.39%

Watched Threads