Masterspryce
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Due to the uncertainty of Covid + waiting on my all my offers before I firmed + Waiting on my actual offer + Wating on student finance (Most crucial). I have only recently tried to apply for accommodation at LSE.

Using the LSE Accommodation booking service, I could only find Urbanest Westminster bridge and Urbanest Kings cross locations available. They are very expensive (10-11k for a year) but that wasn't too much of an issue because I got the maximum student loan possible (£12,010) + I will likely get the LSE bursary of £4000. However, after actually go on the Urbanest website from the LSE acc service, I saw that they had no rooms to move in September.

What are my options?

Will rooms open up after results day?
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Masterspryce)
Due to the uncertainty of Covid + waiting on my all my offers before I firmed + Waiting on my actual offer + Wating on student finance (Most crucial). I have only recently tried to apply for accommodation at LSE.

Using the LSE Accommodation booking service, I could only find Urbanest Westminster bridge and Urbanest Kings cross locations available. They are very expensive (10-11k for a year) but that wasn't too much of an issue because I got the maximum student loan possible (£12,010) + I will likely get the LSE bursary of £4000. However, after actually go on the Urbanest website from the LSE acc service, I saw that they had no rooms to move in September.

What are my options?

Will rooms open up after results day?
Please contact our Residential Services team at [email protected]
dr378
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near LSE, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.

Message me if interested!
Imafont
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dr378)
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near LSE, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.D

Message me if interested!
Damn that does sound tempting with ensuite and cheap price, but it's 40 mins away from LSE by rail according to google maps . Is it catered? If so I will definitely consider it if it is still available.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Imafont)
Damn that does sound tempting with ensuite and cheap price, but it's 40 mins away from LSE by rail according to google maps . Is it catered? If so I will definitely consider it if it is still available.
It's not 40 mins... From Tottenham hale to King's cross is like 15 minutes on Victoria line (one the fastest lines in London)... Switching to central line is one stop from King's Cross. I used to live in Tottenham Hale when i did my A level foundation, it's not an inconvenient location. I never felt like i was commuting too long.

It might take 40 minutes if you use the picadilly line however.... 😂 Because it stops EVERYWHERE.

Victoria goes Tottenhamhale, Seven Sisters, Arsenal stop, King's Cross...
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 4 weeks ago
dr378
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, it definitely wont take 40 mins... it takes 17 minutes to get to oxford street which is right in central London. It's not catered, but there are a lot of shops and supermarkets in the area.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dr378)
Hi, it definitely wont take 40 mins... it takes 17 minutes to get to oxford street which is right in central London. It's not catered, but there are a lot of shops and supermarkets in the area.
Lidl, KFC, Curry's PC World... Poundland... Loved living there 😂 Memories jog.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Lidl, KFC, Curry's PC World... Poundland... Loved living there 😂 Memories jog.
Well, well, well... I wondered if we ever unknowingly bumped into each other??? 😁
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Well, well, well... I wondered if we ever unknowingly bumped into each other??? 😁
Hahaha possibly 😊😊 2016-2017 for me 😀
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Hahaha possibly 😊😊 2016-2017 for me 😀
Yep, we would have overlapped.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Yep, we would have overlapped.
Hahaha nice
Imafont
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dr378)
Ah ok that just goes to show how little I know about London . I'll probably stick with LSE accommodation for first year since I want to meet new people in LSE, but I'll definitely ask if your place is available by mid august if I got the short end of the stick for my accommodation choices.
dr378
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah ok that just goes to show how little I know about London . I'll probably stick with LSE accommodation for first year since I want to meet new people in LSE, but I'll definitely ask if your place is available by mid august if I got the short end of the stick for my accommodation choices.
Okay cool, just message me if still interested
Olus19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, looking for a replacement for my studio at urbanest Westminster bridge. Rent is 412.38 per week (cheaper than the current rate) and it’s for 51 weeks. All bills included with a gym, sauna and swimming pool. Modern furniture and a nice central location (close to waterloo, westminster and lambeth north station) Message me if you’re interested.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads