Is nightlife in Warwick as bad as people make it out to be?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got an unconditional to study at warwick next year and while I love the academic side of the university. I was wondering what the social scene is like.

Is it as bad as people make it out to be? I heard the usual locations are Leamington, Coventry and Birmingham. And are the people in Warwick sociable too? If so, what halls would be my best bet?

Thanks
username5161072
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not bad. Its a campus uni in the middle of nowhere but its nightlife is pretty good. Rarely would you have a boring night out. Clubs are everywhere whether in Coventry, Leamington Spa or Birmingham.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got an unconditional to study at warwick next year and while I love the academic side of the university. I was wondering what the social scene is like.

Is it as bad as people make it out to be? I heard the usual locations are Leamington, Coventry and Birmingham. And are the people in Warwick sociable too? If so, what halls would be my best bet?

Thanks
So its not bad but its just not as big as other unis.
You may have to travel further then if you were in a city, but its not bad and the reality is if you want to go out and clubbing or drinking you can always find options wherever you go.

students who want that life will find it.
Last edited by mnot; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by mnot)
So its not bad but its just not as big as other unis.
You may have to travel further then if you were in a city, but its not bad and the reality is if you want to go out and clubbing or drinking you can always find options wherever you go.

I think the reality is students who want that life will find it.
Yeah thats reassuring to hear, just because i often hear the stereotype that warwick students just study etc.

And obvs while at uni i want to make it as much about the experience than about the academics too
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah thats reassuring to hear, just because i often hear the stereotype that warwick students just study etc.

And obvs while at uni i want to make it as much about the experience than about the academics too
Warwick has 10,000s of students. It’s a community. Some are more chill some go out a lot. Go to Kasbah in Coventry on a Friday and you’ll find plenty of Warwick students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise