depression after forced ED recovery

Watch
laila777
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I hate it! I cant wait till I go to uni to be independent and do what i want!
--Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Your little guy isn't as depressed now though, oh wait it's you again... you meant eating disorder, not erectile dysfunction.
Last edited by --Student; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling depressed but the fact that you hate your recovery suggests you haven't really recovered. Please ask yourself this: were you depressed before your "recovery"? Did you ever actually feel happier or better about yourself because of losing weight/ restricting? Or did you perhaps felt "proud" for a little while only to feel worse in the long run when nothing you did was enough?

They're called eating disorders for a reason... You may think that controlling what you eat will ultimately help you but in the end your eating disorder will act as a cancer in your mind, consuming all your thoughts, happiness, personality until you have nothing, at which point you either die or get treatment. You probably already know this on some level.
Recovery is the only option in the long run. The support services will always be there for you, as will the love and support of people close to you. It is hard and you will feel like giving up but once you are free from the tyranny of your eating disorder you will never look back. Until then, I am sorry for you. I wish there was some way I could help you. Know that you are important, even if it doesn't feel like it, and know that there is always a way out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads