chemistry a level

Watch this thread
CJ_bangtan
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
when should I really start revising for chemistry a level because I've slightly gone over it but finding it difficult to understand.
Also if anyone has any tips for revising chemistry a level or biology could you give me some. thanks
Emily5243
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I did a little bit of revision from quite early on in year 12 on some days of the week. As sixth form went on, this gradually increased. This really helped me keep on top of the large amount of content.

In terms of tips, a lot of exam question practice is needed, especially for biology, as the mark schemes can be so specific. I used the website physics and maths tutor - it has biology and chemistry stuff on there too. I also found it helpful to create mindmaps for each topic and then later on I would try to write down as much as I could for a particular topic and then check it against my mindmap to make sure I had learnt everything. Also, youtube videos such as crashcourse really helped me understand things.
CJ_bangtan
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Emily5243)
I did a little bit of revision from quite early on in year 12 on some days of the week. As sixth form went on, this gradually increased. This really helped me keep on top of the large amount of content.

In terms of tips, a lot of exam question practice is needed, especially for biology, as the mark schemes can be so specific. I used the website physics and maths tutor - it has biology and chemistry stuff on there too. I also found it helpful to create mindmaps for each topic and then later on I would try to write down as much as I could for a particular topic and then check it against my mindmap to make sure I had learnt everything. Also, youtube videos such as crashcourse really helped me understand things.
this was useful I'll make sure to look at practise questions thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (140)
66.35%
No (47)
22.27%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.37%

Watched Threads