Dead_Inside
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have completed my A Levels but I won’t know the grades I got until results day. Do I still put A levels on my CV since I’ve done them, or do I need to wait for my grades?
hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Dead_Inside)
I have completed my A Levels but I won’t know the grades I got until results day. Do I still put A levels on my CV since I’ve done them, or do I need to wait for my grades?
I put my predicted grades (and the word “predicted” in subscript in brackets next to the subheading) and the date I expected to get my grades back.
Dead_Inside
Rep:
?
(Original post by hustlr)
I put my predicted grades (and the word “predicted” in subscript in brackets next to the subheading) and the date I expected to get my grades back.
Thanks
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you’re applying for jobs before results day, then put them on but but grades tbc

Edit: putting predicted grades in and labelling them also is reasonable.

Just be honest, and present it in a way that flatters you the most.
Last edited by mnot; 5 months ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You put

20xx-20 School Name, Town
Awaiting results for A level Subject, Subject and Subject
xx GCSEs including English and Maths

No point predicting - no-ones likely to be hiring you on the basis of predicted A level results.
Dead_Inside
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
You put

20xx-20 School Name, Town
Awaiting results for A level Subject, Subject and Subject
xx GCSEs including English and Maths

No point predicting - no-ones likely to be hiring you on the basis of predicted A level results.
Perfect, thank you
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Putting predicted grades is totally acceptable, as they are usually close enough and the more you can tell them about yourself the better, as long as you make it clear they are predicted.
Thornton_P
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would recommend putting all of your predicted grades on also. It can be confirmed by your reference if you have one from your college - if indeed it were ever to become a problem (which i doubt).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads