The Student Room Group

GSCE's and GED

HI, I just wanted to know , I am taking my GED this year which is equivalent to a grade 12 highschool diploma. I am planning on going to college in the UK next year and was wondering if i still need to take Gcse's even though i have my GED. I am not sure if they are equivalent as i am wanting to do my a levels.
gcses and equivalent to geds yes, and a levels are very very hard btw, especially if you come from america, the education systems quite difficult, in gcse a third of student are labelled as failures by the education board smh. but i think you can do it!!
Reply 2
Original post by behopeful235
gcses and equivalent to geds yes, and a levels are very very hard btw, especially if you come from america, the education systems quite difficult, in gcse a third of student are labelled as failures by the education board smh. but i think you can do it!!

Hi, Thank you so much. I am actually from South Africa, but the GED I will be doing is American based. I just wasn't sure if i still needed to do my gcse's if i was going to do my GED. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest