Is tesla modelling agency a scam

Watch
Tunmi688
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I went for a photoshoot at a studio, it went well. They said they had sent my pictures to a modelling agency. A modelling agency called me the next day and they asked me a few questions about myself and asked me to pay £75 to get started.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
undeniably yes
SebastianSk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am not sure under what circumstances surrounded your studio shoot, but you can be 100% sure that it is a scam. Here is something from a Consumer Information Website (Federal Trade Commission) on a short segment on Modelling Agency scams:

Scam Tactic: You have to pay a fee to them to serve as your agent before they'll do any work on your behalf.

Modeling and talent agencies get work for experienced models and actors. Some agents require that you sign up exclusively with them, while others allow you to also register with other agencies in town. Either way, legitimate agencies don’t charge you an up-front fee to serve as your agent. They get paid when you get paid.

Modeling agencies aren’t the same as modeling and acting schools. These schools claim to provide instruction — for a fee — in poise, posture, diction, skin care, make-up application, the proper walk, and more. But after you take their classes, you may be on your own, despite their promises that attending modeling school will ensure you make it as a model.

Generally, be sure to do some research on the tactics that alleged modelling agencies use to con prospective models. Also, do research on how to ascertain the legitimacy of a modelling agency. Again, here is something from the same website I am referencing to give some ideas:

Ask if the company or school is licensed or bonded, if that's required by your state.

Verify this information with your local consumer protection agency or your state Attorney General. Make sure the license is current.

Get references.

Specifically:

Ask for the names, addresses, and phone numbers of models and actors who have gotten work — recently — based on the company's training. In some cases, companies have put up pictures on the walls of successful models they didn’t actually represent.
If an agency says it has placed models and actors in specific jobs, contact the companies to verify that they've hired models and actors from the agency.

Get everything in writing.

That includes spoken promises or assurances. Keep copies of all important papers. Documents like your contract and company literature should be kept in a safe place.
Last edited by SebastianSk; 2 months ago
cytecs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes they are. My daughter in law was robbed of £300 today. DO NOT USE
Bryonymorison
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Massive Scam I they said I had to sign up for a profile for £75 which I did. Since then I have recieved no work or when applying it never goes through on the system. They have not offered any help and when I requested my £75 back their response was highly unprofessional with phrases such as "we are upset after everything we have done for you" all they have done is set up a page with a few pics and a short bio. I have spoken to others that have signed up and they have recieved no work and have experienced the same treatment, 100% a scam
Last edited by Bryonymorison; 1 week ago
hdane12
Rep:
?
Report 49 minutes ago
Who robbed your daughter of £300 pounds this so called “Tesla models” or the people at the test shoot ?
hdane12
Rep:
?
Report 3 minutes ago
Who robbed your daughter of £300 pounds this so called “Tesla models” or the people at the test shoot ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (264)
40.18%
Take autumn exams (197)
29.98%
Look for a job (22)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.81%
Take a year out (110)
16.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (39)
5.94%

Watched Threads