The Student Room Group

What revision do you use?

I am studying through Oxford Open Learning as a mature student which is an adult version of Oxbridge Home School. I am 19 and studying A level English Language, French and Law.

I was wondering as home school students does anyone have any advice for grade boosting as I really want to do well? I've looked at Senneca, Up learning and Snap Revise but the don't do my subjects. I have my course resources and textbook but any other platforms that people find useful would be great.

Also how are people finding their studies and how is revision going for everyone in general? I am finding home school very different to sixth form and think I need a different study approach. Hopefully we can all share lots of tips for each other.

While I am a home school student looking for advice this question is welcome to anyone. School students will have loads of great revision ideas too and I hope this will help others not just me so all subjects and education backgrounds are welcome.

I look forward to hearing how everyone studies.:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I, personally, am using the English Language section of Senneca, my OOL course materials, textbooks, TSR resources, and for my French in particular I listen to a lot of French songs or French vocab on YouTube or use language apps like duolingo for practice on the move. Currently trying to read L'Etranger and just improve my vocab and grammar. I also am making my own verb book as you do. I am finding French and Law the hardest to find resources for and French the hardest to study independently. For all subjects I make notes, retype them, answer questions then do a mini paper at the end of each section. I also do mind maps of each module and will possibly condense things further when I finish my A2 studies and do an AS, A2 summary pages. I like to summarise each page of my textbooks into a postick notes and found this worked well as it condenses the information down and makes it clear and easy to understand. Like I said in the opening post is anyone has any little tips or tricks for any subject please feel free to post. Also I'd love to just hear how everyone is doing especially with everything going on. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest