The Student Room Group

student halls and broken window

Maybe it's a far fetched but I was trying to get the last term rent from my accommodation to be dispersed because we are unable to live in halls. In the meantime my window was broken and even if I turned off the radiation it was still boiling hot in my room and my room was extremely tiny. I raised the issue and I a few weeks later it was still not repaired. My question is is there any specific laws regarding to this that I could bring up to my landlord?
Original post by katiemori
Maybe it's a far fetched but I was trying to get the last term rent from my accommodation to be dispersed because we are unable to live in halls. In the meantime my window was broken and even if I turned off the radiation it was still boiling hot in my room and my room was extremely tiny. I raised the issue and I a few weeks later it was still not repaired. My question is is there any specific laws regarding to this that I could bring up to my landlord?

Your student union should be able to help you to find out your rights under your contract.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your student union should be able to help you to find out your rights under your contract.

thanks, tho I forgot to mention that I was with a private accommodation (but I'll still reach out to them)
Original post by katiemori
thanks, tho I forgot to mention that I was with a private accommodation (but I'll still reach out to them)

That makes no difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending