Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

I realised there were no dedicated discussions for Reserve Listed LSE applicants. Thought it would be nice to share experiences on this process given the current context.

I have seen in the official LSE Graduate thread some applicants being put on reserve list in April but then receiving an unconditional offer for by the end of April, so it seems that student may have higher chances of securing a place through reserve list this year.

I received my LSE ID on 11th of May and have been placed on reserve list end of May. Have an offer to accept by Friday, don't know what to do.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hey same for me. I got into the reserve list last week. Need to accept another offer in 1.5 weeks time as well. Not sure what to do either.

Honestly , for me, waiting on a reserve list is even more nerve wrecking than than a normal applicant lol.
pannyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just got into the reserve list for my first choice but I am still waiting for my second choice result to be released. How much time do you think it will take?
wvan98
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey all I just got told I was on the reserve list this morning for the Global Media and Communications program with USC. I know I applied too late but the application still says open which is highly unfair considering they’re only trying to fill the reserve now and the quota is full. What do you think the chances are I’ll get off of it? Has anyone had luck with reinstating?
ghostalpostal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by wvan98)
Hey all I just got told I was on the reserve list this morning for the Global Media and Communications program with USC. I know I applied too late but the application still says open which is highly unfair considering they’re only trying to fill the reserve now and the quota is full. What do you think the chances are I’ll get off of it? Has anyone had luck with reinstating?
If it's any consolation, you've got a shot. I got an offer for that course that I'm turning down, so there'll be at least one slot opening up.
wvan98
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ghostalpostal)
If it's any consolation, you've got a shot. I got an offer for that course that I'm turning down, so there'll be at least one slot opening up.
Thanks for the reply! If you don’t mind, why are you turning it down?
ghostalpostal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by wvan98)
Thanks for the reply! If you don’t mind, why are you turning it down?
Money, mostly. I applied hoping I'd be able to secure a scholarship, but that didn't come off in the end.
Charcharlotte5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was told that I’m on the list 3 weeks ago. Hope that good news will come in August....
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Charcharlotte5)
I was told that I’m on the list 3 weeks ago. Hope that good news will come in August....
Which course are you in btw?
I got into the reserve list too. An email saysI will hear back by mid August, while others says the end of August. Not sure which lol
flavious
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm also on the reserve list for a MSc program at LSE. I expect that the uncertainty unleashed by Covid will open up more spots for reserve or waitlist applicants relative to the normal application period. I'm from the US, so I'll likely be doing the 1st term remotely. Anyone else planning on doing the 1st term virtually? As lame as that sounds
flavious
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm also on the reserve list for a MSc program at LSE. I expect that the uncertainty unleashed by Covid will open up more spots for reserve or waitlist applicants relative to the normal application period. I'm from the US, so I'll likely be doing the 1st term remotely. Anyone else planning on doing the 1st term virtually? As lame as that sounds
wvan98
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flavious)
I plan on doing it remotely as well from Canada unfortunately. Fingers crossed we both get in, I am hoping we have the same outcome because of COVID!
CAMN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was put in the reserve list 6 weeks ago and usually offer holders have 6 weeks to respond, I feel like by now if LSE had a place for me they would have contacted me, I have a deadline to accept by next week I don't know what to do either
a__123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CAMN)
I was put in the reserve list 6 weeks ago and usually offer holders have 6 weeks to respond, I feel like by now if LSE had a place for me they would have contacted me, I have a deadline to accept by next week I don't know what to do either
don't they let you know in august though?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey same for me. I got into the reserve list last week. Need to accept another offer in 1.5 weeks time as well. Not sure what to do either.

Honestly , for me, waiting on a reserve list is even more nerve wrecking than than a normal applicant lol.
hey , did you end up hearing from them?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Ive also been put on the reserve list for the MSc Global Media and communication (LSE USC). Any idea about the chances?
ak2015
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was put on the reserve list for MSc Economic History (Research) and my transcript just dropped which people on here have speculated is a sign that you'll soon receive an offer. So hopefully this year more of us will get off the reserve list because of the corona fiasco!
CAMN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a__123)
don't they let you know in august though?
yes but some people say it's mid-august some say it's towards the end of the month and I need to know before the 6th
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CAMN)
yes but some people say it's mid-august some say it's towards the end of the month and I need to know before the 6th
oh, that's a tough situation
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CAMN)
I heard that people mostly drop their offers in Aug. Since it is not allowed to defer, so it’s really hard to know how people will deal with their offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads