Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
According to the Bristol Post, there will be an upcoming riot about BLM. There are always some kind of protest held in Bristol, but what's the point? They are breaking the social distancing law. Previously, there was the Greta Thunberg climate protest, that saw the arrival of the silly child. Now there is another one about BLM.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
According to the Bristol Post, there will be an upcoming riot about BLM. There are always some kind of protest held in Bristol, but what's the point? They are breaking the social distancing law. Previously, there was the Greta Thunberg climate protest, that saw the arrival of the silly child. Now there is another one about BLM.
Riots prearranged with the newspaper? I don't think so.
Last edited by glassalice; 7 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
Riots prearranged with the newspaper? I don't think so.
I don't follow. Could you please rephrase that.
LeeJ93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ok, so, few hundred British thugs will honor a killing of an american thug by setting up a Tesco on fire and robbing a Primark....
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don't follow. Could you please rephrase that.
Can you link the article in please? How would the news paper find out about an upcoming riot.
Anonymous #1
Can you link the article in please? How would the news paper find out about an upcoming riot.
Sure. Here you go: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...police-4181544
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Your conflating the terms 'demonstration' and 'protest' with the term 'riots'. Which is a dangerous and anti-democractic thing to do.
I will say right now though, there are no people who are technically homeless, so they can stop with their food distribution to the homeless b*ll****.
Last edited by glassalice; 7 months ago
Anonymous #1
Your conflating the terms 'demonstration' and 'protest' with the term 'riots'. Which is a dangerous and anti-democractic thing to do.
At the end of the day they are essentially the same. But protests and riots do differ a bit, both are about violence, but protests are about something in particular.
nuptse8
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would suggest you educate yourself and think critically about the article you show, as your opinion is laden with ignorance, clear you are falling into a trump-esque view of such protests. Those protesting aren't thugs but those wanting to show solidarity with the black lives matter movement, hugely important to do so at a time when the real thugs... the U.S. Police... kill hundreds of unarmed and innocent blacks each year.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Finally I do suspect there will be a bit of disorder in London & a few other cities over the next few weeks, there's a lot of contributing factors, BLM, Corona, Lockdown, Heat, People just being variously pissed off. Really just a guess though, I suspect the Met will do something racist and stupid and provoke matters.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by nuptse8)
I would suggest you educate yourself and think critically about the article you show, as your opinion is laden with ignorance, clear you are falling into a trump-esque view of such protests. Those protesting aren't thugs but those wanting to show solidarity with the black lives matter movement, hugely important to do so at a time when the real thugs... the U.S. Police... kill hundreds of unarmed and innocent blacks each year.
There's nothing wrong with feeling proud about being white. That doesn't make you racist. Black people do matter, but they matter as much as everyone else. But they shouldn't have to live in fear of being murdered. But being prejudiced against white people, make anyone racist.
SamuelMorrison03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Rioting doesn’t do anyone any good. And all lives matter anyway, not just the lives of black people and it is racist towards whites/Hispanics to say so
nuptse8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anon, I'm not suggesting this, unless you yourself are conflating the idea of supporting the protest as somehow against white people... I don't see this logic. I suggest there's something ignorant with a labelling of the protest as thugs with no care of the cause - the issue here is about killing of unarmed innocent black people by US police. Please refer yourself to the recent case of Floyd George or countless other historical cases of injustice in the US.

I also hope anon acknowledges privilege he holds and power dynamics in racism... i.e. you suggest 'being prejudiced against white people makes one racist'...Reverse racism is a myth because it tries to ignore the fundamental question of who holds more power/privilege between the individuals/groups involved; the myth of reverse racism assumes that racism occurs on a so-called level playing field.
SamuelMorrison03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yet they ruined the livelihood of one black man in particular who had his brand new sports bar he bought damaged by bricks being lobbed at it. Seems very counterintuitive if “black lives” are so much more important than other lives
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Why does this sort of twatty content always come from Anonymous? I wonder.
nuptse8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by SamuelMorrison03)
Rioting doesn’t do anyone any good. And all lives matter anyway, not just the lives of black people and it is racist towards whites/Hispanics to say so
1. Protests are different to rioting. - protesting in the past has led to significant progress in this exact area - see the civil rights protests of 1956 onwards that led to civil rights act being finally passed in '64 for a pretty striking example.

2. 'all lives matter anyway'; this is not the point of the black lives matter protest. It is to expose the structural inequalities, live experience and violence all black people face on a daily basis. I suggest you do wider reading around the movement before you label this movement through a flawed 'reverse racism' counter-argument.
nuptse8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yet they ruined the livelihood of one black man in particular who had his brand new sports bar he bought damaged by bricks being lobbed at it. Seems very counterintuitive if “black lives” are so much more important than other lives
this doesn't make sense, please rephrase.
SamuelMorrison03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anon, I'm not suggesting this, unless you yourself are conflating the idea of supporting the protest as somehow against white people... I don't see this logic. I suggest there's something ignorant with a labelling of the protest as thugs with no care of the cause - the issue here is about killing of unarmed innocent black people by US police. Please refer yourself to the recent case of Floyd George or countless other historical cases of injustice in the US.

I also hope anon acknowledges privilege he holds and power dynamics in racism... i.e. you suggest 'being prejudiced against white people makes one racist'...Reverse racism is a myth because it tries to ignore the fundamental question of who holds more power/privilege between the individuals/groups involved; the myth of reverse racism assumes that racism occurs on a so-called level playing field.
They’re are countless historical cases of it happening against white people as well, for example a woman who was shot from point blank range by an Arabian cop in the chest despite complying to him. And if you actually looked into the statistics of previous years, you would see that white people are killed more in terms of quantity by US police officers anyway 🧐
leopard202
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
They’re are countless historical cases of it happening against white people as well, for example a woman who was shot from point blank range by an Arabian cop in the chest despite complying to him. And if you actually looked into the statistics of previous years, you would see that white people are killed more in terms of quantity by US police officers anyway 🧐
Could be that many of them didn't make the stats
nuptse8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
1. Historically, blacks are treated worse by US Police forces.

2. You use one unsourced anecdote and extrapolate this to somehow form the basis of your argument...

3. You're incorrect r.e. statistics. see here: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/in...105741757.html "Black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (11)
64.71%
I don't have everything I need (6)
35.29%

Watched Threads