Acne

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

So i'm wanting to see a dermatologist but idk if my acne is bad enough?i have acne since 14 and i'm now almost 21 and have been on over 5 courses of antibiotics and a bunch of other treatments with no success. I have got probably 8-12 spots on my face and a few on my chest and back and sometimes get them on my arms but not many, is this enough for a derm visit? or will they just turn me away? i don' think my acne is severe anymore but after having it so long and other treatments not working i should be eligible?

Also, how does getting a referral from GP work during covid? and if i were to be allowed how would going to a derm work during covid, would i have to wait for all this covid to end or ?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
To be fair, if you're now 20 and haven't had much luck with other treatments, I'd say it was worth a try, as you shouldn't really have acne that has remained despite trying so many things.

I had really bad skin when I was a teenager and in my early 20s, and in the end I went on the pill at the age of 27, for contraception, and it was clear after 3 months. I hadn't tried that as a teen as my GP practice at the time were Catholic so they never mentioned the pill as an option that might work.

It angers me really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (90)
28.94%
It went fairly well (146)
46.95%
It didn't go too well (49)
15.76%
TERRIBLE! (26)
8.36%

Watched Threads