GCSE Business Studies and Enterprise or Religious Education

Watch
ishxkhan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
What GCSE is better/easier and why? Please leave experiences, pros and cons, type of work and studying, what you have to do etcAlso if there's anyone willing to chat to me about I'd appreciate itThank You x
Tiaedgington
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I didn’t study business but I did Religious Education (which was compulsory at my secondary school) and I loved it! It has a lot about ethics in too. I did Sociology at GCSE and these two subjects + English tied in really nicely together! I also got an A x
ishxkhan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Tiaedgington)
Hi, I didn’t study business but I did Religious Education (which was compulsory at my secondary school) and I loved it! It has a lot about ethics in too. I did Sociology at GCSE and these two subjects + English tied in really nicely together! I also got an A x
Thanks for replying I wish my school did sociology but its not available. And you must have been great at it to get an A but like how I've looked at past papers and it seem like a lot especially the long questions. How did you revise etc thanks tho x
Tiaedgington
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Aww really! It’s probably not available because it’s ovbiously not in the national curriculum because it exposes the faults of the rich & government etc lmao😂 To be honest I do Law at A-level & English Lit so when I look back them questions were short and easy. On my exam board (AQA) the longest question we had were ‘12 Mark questions’ I think you get 10 mins for them? But I will say that to get into a ‘level 4’ which is the top level for that question it’s difficult. Like if you want an A** (9) then you have to get full marks I think.

I revised using flash cards etc & always making sure I was going over notes. Past paper questions help a lot too! Also make sure that go over all the content after a day at school but only briefly and don’t stress yourself out but when you get to year 11 there is soo much to remember.

Just make sure you pick a subject which you think you’ll enjoy because this makes it easier to revise. Feel free to ask anymore questions )) x
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
BUSINESS STUDIES IS AMAZING! I didn't do RE I did BUSINESS STUDIES!!
:rofl:
papichallo
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ishxkhan)
What GCSE is better/easier and why? Please leave experiences, pros and cons, type of work and studying, what you have to do etcAlso if there's anyone willing to chat to me about I'd appreciate itThank You x
hey there, i didnt do business but i did do religious studies. Although i missed out on gcses this year i got real good in my recent mocks. I really did like rs but we did Islam and Christianity, which i feel was on the easier spectrum. You just need to remeber lots of sources of wisdom and back your points up with them. If you remember key beliefs and sources of widom, all you need to do is explain them to get the grades. Also time managment is huge with this and theres quite a bit of writing, but i'm fast so i found it okay. I think overall its an interesting subject but you do need to remember key terms, for example in Islam i struggled remembering terms, but waffled slightly and still made it. I was a sliiight slacker in revision but trust me, start early. I did flashcards with one side a mind map and key beliefs, and the other side was sources of wisdom. Hope this kinda helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.04%
Unhappy (54)
28.27%
Conflicted (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise