The Student Room Group

Why does this certain someone keep appearing back in my life?

This boy (lets say John) just keeps coming back into my life. I bravely confessed my feelings to him about a year ago. He claims/ claimed to prefer us to be friends and maybe he isn’t interested but he keeps finding ways to message me. He then invited me ( before corona) to his house to watch movies where we kissed ( nothing else because I’m not going to do bits or sleep with someone who claims to just want to be friends)!” It got to the point where we blocked each other on everything and a few weeks ago he messaged
Me saying he wanted to see how I was and next think you know he’s flirting with me on sc? We were such good friends two years and drifted apart and now it’s this weird cycle. We’ve both finished uni now and he was originally going to go travelling which meant I would have fully moved on but now it’s been completely cancelled and he has no plans to go ( which in my head has made me think we are meant to be)
I really don’t know what to do or say to him cos truth be told I’m utterly smitten and i secretly love him coming back but at the same time if it’s not meant to he I really need to move on??
Reply 1
Well tell him to stop playing with your feelings. Its not fair on you.
Tell him to move on if he doesnt want to be friends or be in a relationship.
he wants some nookie off you, just block him for good. i have a guy like that, fessed up my feelings a few years ago and he pied me off and now he messages me randomly every now and then but the conversation quickly gets flirty/sexual on his part. when a guy does that it's because they want to get into your pants, nothing more
Reply 3
Original post by SonicsLeftNut
he wants some nookie off you, just block him for good. i have a guy like that, fessed up my feelings a few years ago and he pied me off and now he messages me randomly every now and then but the conversation quickly gets flirty/sexual on his part. when a guy does that it's because they want to get into your pants, nothing more

Lol so true. In which case that makes me really sad that he doesn’t see me worthy of actually dating. Why could this be? I’m hardly easy’ looking so I find this very offensive
Original post by Anonymous
Lol so true. In which case that makes me really sad that he doesn’t see me worthy of actually dating. Why could this be? I’m hardly easy’ looking so I find this very offensive

It is sad and never a nice feeling when a guy sees you in that way and you wouldn't mind dating him, but unfortunately they can't be changed. He probably doesn't find you to be easy necessarily but more so an easy target as he is probably thriving off your replies and attention. He probably thinks he can have you whenever is convenient for him in life and whenever he wants. The weird cycle you have will never end really. It's easy enough for me to sit here and just tell you to block him on everything but having been in your position I know you probably won't, but one day you will probably come to a point where you get so fed up of his actions that the rose coloured glasses will drop and him messaging you won't be anything special to you anymore. Don't force yourself into doing anything and try not to create perfect scenarios in your head as you'll end up more disappointed but keep his true intentions in the back of your mind. Good luck with it all, I'll be here if you need a chat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending