SamField17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I currently have no academic drive to work or do well. Any advice?

Roasted Potato
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are not the only person in this position and thats okay!

Take a break from feeling guilty about not doing work for a couple days, distract your self, feel god etc.

Then when you want to start again make a list, break each task done into really small manageable tasks. Every time you complete a task actually congratulate yourself. Take breaks frequently and often, find something to do in your breaks other than social media, read a book, paint, sew, short games etc. Build up motivation and determination slowly! You will be fine, there are hundreds of threads on this here is one that has loads of really good advice! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6461542
dbains
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel like once you begin to enjoy something, it becomes a lot easier to do. Start by finding something that you are passionate about, and watch YouTube videos, read books etc. On it to further your interests. What are you interested in (not necessarily academic related)?
AM.TSR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pomodoro technique & rewarding yourself for studying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads