The Student Room Group

Business and Management degrees

Hi, could anyone that’s done a degree or is currently doing one in Business give me some advice please ? How have you found the course and what career prospects are there? Would you say it’s a degree that’s still considered as “soft or easy”?
Also any advice on personal statements or recommendations of books to read?

I’m currently deciding if I should do a business degree or a sciencey one (biology focused), I’ve been swaying more towards business recently and have read some stories of people switching from science to business So I’m worried that’s what I’d end up doing...

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by xelle_d
Hi, could anyone that’s done a degree or is currently doing one in Business give me some advice please ? How have you found the course and what career prospects are there? Would you say it’s a degree that’s still considered as “soft or easy”?
Also any advice on personal statements or recommendations of books to read?

I’m currently deciding if I should do a business degree or a sciencey one (biology focused), I’ve been swaying more towards business recently and have read some stories of people switching from science to business So I’m worried that’s what I’d end up doing...

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi @xelle_d

I am Millie, a final year Business Management with Marketing student. I have absolutely loved the course I have studied and the variety it has offered me, having the marketing side of it has given me the opportunity to explore and express the creative side of myself whereas I've found the business side has provided me with a global outlook on trade alongside important practices. I think how easy you find it would depend on the effort and commitment you put in . At Hull there has been several 'live projects' with external businesses throughout my degree where as part of modules students have designed real plans/ideas for them which can result in presentations and internships for high scoring students.

In terms of your personal statement, our website has some advice HERE on what to include. In my personal experience, I included a specific marketing campaign which had captued my attention and inspired me to learn more :smile:

As part of my degree, I also undertook a placement year which allowed me to spend a year learning more about marketing in a real business, this applied my degree and taught me many valuable skills- I would recommend it to anyone!

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions I can help with please feel free to use the ask a student section on our website.

Take care,

Millie- Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending