The Student Room Group

Scared to move out

The univeristy I've choosen for my insurance and firm choices are very far away from where I live. They're over 3hrs away from my home and I'm scared to move out away from my parents. Idk if I can be independent and live on my own. The idea is scarying me. Any advice?
Original post by Rozzz
The univeristy I've choosen for my insurance and firm choices are very far away from where I live. They're over 3hrs away from my home and I'm scared to move out away from my parents. Idk if I can be independent and live on my own. The idea is scarying me. Any advice?

It is only scary right now, because you're not used to it. Take this opportunity and learn from it. Otherwise, you'll remain living with your parents until the end.
Original post by Rozzz

Hi @Rozzz!

This is completely normal. I moved out of my house which was 6 hours away on train from my Uni. It's only scary now as you are anticipating this change and viewing it in a negative light. It is hard to balance and juggle but you will be able to do it, and through this you will gain so much independence! Many people are in the same boat as you. You just have to make sure that you are eating well, being sensible financially, keeping good hygiene (including tidying), and making sure you are having fun and taking care of yourself mentally! It sounds like a lot now but with the internet, it is easy to learn things such as easy recipes, how to manage finances etc and Uni is a great way to gain these life skills. When you come out of first year, you will be so proud of everything you have accomplished and how much more independent and confident you know are.

I hope this helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending