The Student Room Group

Wtf is UCAS?

Okay so I'm heading to year 12 next year...
And I'm totally lost whenever I hear the abbreviation "UCAS"
I know it's something to do with education because I always hear sixth formers talking about it, however I feel like I'm gonna need a heck lot more info about this before I start year 12.

Any explanations appreciated :smile:
Original post by Sameera2020
I know it's something to do with education because I always hear sixth formers talking about it, however I feel like I'm gonna need a heck lot more info about this before I start year 12.

The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service.
Original post by Sameera2020

UCAS is an organisation and the platform which you use to apply to uni.

So you will open an account on the UCAS website. Fill in a bunch of information such as gcse’s A-levels, personal statement. Your school will attach predictions and a reference. Then UCAS submit your application to universities.

UCAS also manages all the admin between applicants and universities, have a look on YouTube there’s quite a lot of info there to get up to speed quickly.
Original post by mnot
UCAS is an organisation and the platform which you use to apply to uni.

So you will open an account on the UCAS website. Fill in a bunch of information such as gcse’s A-levels, personal statement. Your school will attach predictions and a reference. Then UCAS submit your application to universities.

UCAS also manages all the admin between applicants and universities, have a look on YouTube there’s quite a lot of info there to get up to speed quickly.

Ur summary has cleared up some of my confusion. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest